How to replace film in vat..

This section will include any new tips and tutorials related to the Solus.
Dstonic
Novice
Re: How to replace film in vat..

Postby Dstonic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Great, Thank you for showing me this. I've been dumping out the resin and carefully as possible using the rounded nose tweezers to remove what bits and pieces were on the film that were stuck on.

So do I leave the resin in the tank to do the projection of light or do I dump out some of it before doing this?
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:57 pm

leave it in , do what you saw in the video after you finish a grow , use your silicone spatula to see if there is anything stuck to for film , while the tank is still on the machine or if you see that you have an incomplete grow ,
Dstonic
Novice

Postby Dstonic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:51 pm

I do not have that clear plastic shim that is clear to lay on the projection quartz. It is used as a shim between the quartz and the vat.....then you tighten up the screws. What can I use in place of this that might work just as good?
Shinlocke
Novice

Postby Shinlocke » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Dstonic wrote:I do not have that clear plastic shim that is clear to lay on the projection quartz. It is used as a shim between the quartz and the vat.....then you tighten up the screws. What can I use in place of this that might work just as good?
You do not need that. You can use this method to replace the film without the piece.

https://reify3d.wistia.com/medias/rlt30j3k87
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:02 pm

you can do that , but to me , that way seems a little less accurate and if your new you should just buy this
http://www.junction3d.com/buy/optional- ... ll-adapter