Z Motor Problem

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
nikhiljogia
Novice
Z Motor Problem

Postby nikhiljogia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:23 am

So I took my Z motor out to clean it - it seemed to have worked and now I can do the homing process without any problems. However, now I am having other issues. The first one being when I do a manual Z movement (say -10) it will go down and then I press -10 again it will go up. Secondly, when printing, the Z motor moves the platform down to print the first layer, however it seems to get stuck on the first layer.

Any help?
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: Z Motor Problem

Postby Jewelermdt » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:39 am

I would check that the switch is ok. One time the board cracked and switch would not work correctly. Also make sure the plugs are seated correctly and you didn't mix up where they plug into the board.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:08 am

Hi,

Usually, a motor direction issue is caused by a faulty wire or dirty connector. Please email me at reify3d@gmail.com and we'll try to figure it out.
nikhiljogia
Novice

Postby nikhiljogia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:07 am

Hi

That's good to hear. A couple of years ago either my cleaner or one of my employees knocked the printer over spilling blue resin everywhere. I cleaned most of it off, but neglected to clean the z-motor wires and connectors. Anyway, I cleaned them yesterday, but one wire broke. Luckily Rik is sending me a new one.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:18 am

glad you figured it out. If you have a laser welder just weld the wire back.