warping and focus issue

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
manakawari
Solus Expert
warping and focus issue

Postby manakawari » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:08 pm

I have two issues, the first is when I try to print a flat object that is almost the full 42 build plate size, I get warping on the sides of the print, like its distorted, sort of like a fish eye effect. its very slight but its a problem.

my second issue is with the focus, im having trouble determining if my focus is at its best..to start off, im using either the grid or the menu button on the projector to determine a focus and the grid is not great to use and the menu is very very tiny so its almost impossible to determine if im properly focused, and to make matters worse, it seems that the best focus is achieved when I turn the knob as far as it will go and that leaves me wondering if I could achieve a better focus if I could just turn it a little more and that has me concerned.

Is it possible that both of these problems are caused by the same thing? im using creation workshop and my projector is the vivitech.

if someone could help me as soon as possible that would be amazing because im in the middle of an important job that was supposed to be finished last week!!

thanks
reify
Site Admin

Re: warping and focus issue

Postby reify » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi,

I suggest upgrading to Contour as it has distortion correction and Creation Workshop does not.

Regarding the focus issue, please contact Emil at info@junction3d.com and he'll help you out.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:04 am

I don't think all projectors from the same company will have the same focus. Mine is also that way. I adjust the distance from the projector to the printer a tad to give me a little more room to adjust.
manakawari
Solus Expert

Postby manakawari » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:19 pm

so basically pull it out of the seating in the bracket and move the projector back a tad? this makes sense but will this not result in a slightly inaccurate final print scale?
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Please contact us at info@junction3d.com and we can help you with this.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:21 am

When I move the printer I adjust the grid to size and focus. Also look at the way the close up lens is on the projector. Make sure it is flush all the way around. Mine tends to move away at one spot which leads to problems.
And as Mark suggested, get the contour software. Makes things SO much easier.