Your thoughts and suggestions appreciated

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Just Bob
Novice
Your thoughts and suggestions appreciated

Postby Just Bob » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:35 am

I'm using the emerald green resin. Had some really good success with it. Couple of days ago I was printing a new model and three consecutive Prints did not come out in fact I only had one small support base and a resin pancake stuck to the film on the whole print and it ran about 3 hours each time. So I thought I would try and model that I have had good success with. The picture shows two models that I have grown multiple times. Not sure what's going on.

Here's what I have done I'm using the pre-programmed emerald green profile

I checked my grid measured it focused everything is clean

Fresh resin S3 --- shaken stirred and strained

New film. I also used the new gasket to get the proper tension and use the video and installed it accordingly.

Used the support wizard in side Contour for my models

So...'Sup???
Thx!
Just Bob
Attachments
20171028_071817.jpg
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Re: Your thoughts and suggestions appreciated

Postby mongerdesigns » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:49 pm

How old is your resin? How many hours do you have on your projector bulb? Have you tried increasing the exposure time a little?
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Just Bob
Novice

Postby Just Bob » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Well I'm going to assume that a successful print meant that I got my problem corrected. The previous 4 builds yielded nothing on the platform. I guess I will find out for sure with subsequent prints. The only thing I had not done was recalibrate my build platform.
I noticed it was out on the back left corner and it actually took me about 5 attempts to get it correct.
Attachments
20171029_153951.jpg
CADjewelrySchool
Novice

Postby CADjewelrySchool » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:30 pm

Just Bob wrote:The only thing I had not done was recalibrate my build platform. I noticed it was out on the back left corner and it actually took me about 5 attempts to get it correct.

I was going to say check the calibration on your build platform. If you are getting failures in a corner, and you have checked everything else, you should always check the calibration in that corner. It is tricky getting it adjusted, and can a few attempts to get it right.