I can't connect to the controller!!

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
OpedHead
Novice
I can't connect to the controller!!

Postby OpedHead » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:27 am

Thanks for reading.

I installed contour, andruino and did all the settings as per normal on a different an older but good desktop I have, but I can't get contour to connect to the controller.
I get the error: "Detected 1 USB serial port, but no Solus DLP controller among them" in a pop up. The below pic kinda shows the sitch
3D SLAVE USB PROBLEM.png

I tried:
-Plugging the printer and projector USB cables into to every slot on the computer with no success.
-I went into device manager, went to ports and made USB COM port 1... and a few others with no prevail.
-using a different USB cable for the printer with no success, but I don't have a spare serial to USB cable laying around to try.

Does anyone have any ideas what to try?
reify
Site Admin

Re: I can't connect to the controller!!

Postby reify » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Hi,

Can I hook up your computer tomorrow (Monday)?
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:44 am

You didn't accidentally turn off the printer? (switch) Silly question, but happens. Green light on inside printer? Check usb cable, connection. Also you need to scroll down further, That is NOT your USB ports. It will be at bottom Universal Serial interface I think. This is my home computer so printer not listed.
[img]
Ports.JPG
[/img]
Attachments
Ports.JPG
Ports.JPG (27.98KiB)Viewed 7502 times
OpedHead
Novice

Postby OpedHead » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Thanks Mark and JewelerMDT!

I got it working in the end. Turns out updating the arduino driver to the latest version did the trick....
I had 1.69 then updated to 1.85 (or 86). But it may have just been a windows update that did it in the first place rather than an old driver.

Thankyou though!