prints on one side better

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
AV Designs
Novice
prints on one side better

Postby AV Designs » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Hey all, ive been printing for a while now with the prints printing on one side better than the other side. ive waited this long to make sure that ive done all the regular checks. the film is tight enough ive cleaned the glass, resin is fresh. if your facing the solus it prints on the left side where the plate tilts. I see a lot of forum users printing on the full plate. ive had no luck any suggestions.
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Re: prints on one side better

Postby mongerdesigns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:22 pm

It would help to see a photo that illustrates that. Could be a few things, but I don't want to speculate until I see an example. Thanks.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
A.Joa1
Novice

Postby A.Joa1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:09 pm

If you are talking about towards the top of the grid, i have the same problem. The details of my prints towards the top of the grid are not as sharp because i cannot focus the whole grid equally. Bottom and middle are sharp but the top is a little blurry and this affects the prints or can even cause fails. i ordered the new mount (not the solid one) and i hope that it will fix this problem and i will be able to use the whole area with equal quality.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:07 am

If you can't focus the grid top to bottom, check your lens. Most likely is not on the projector evenly. I find this to be a problem. I just looked at mine again today after having fails since the second print which I switch to the larger grid. The bottom of the lens cap was sticking out.
A.Joa1
Novice

Postby A.Joa1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:18 am

Jewelermdt wrote:If you can't focus the grid top to bottom, check your lens. Most likely is not on the projector evenly. I find this to be a problem. I just looked at mine again today after having fails since the second print which I switch to the larger grid. The bottom of the lens cap was sticking out.

Hey Jewelermdt,

thanks for the advice. i will check it out.

is your grid equally focused with the projector legs turned all the way in?
AV Designs
Novice

Postby AV Designs » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:46 pm

sorry guys I will post a print soon. it like I have to print only on one side of the plate.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:14 am

Yes with the 40 grid, no with the 80 grid(have to raise up a little). But this may be due to my top of cabinet not being real smooth. Plywood top. I'll change it out one day. And for some reason I have to twist my printer a little to get the grid in center of table.