So many failed prints

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
artcad
Novice
Re: So many failed prints

Postby artcad » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:34 pm

I think you are right the bottle is almost finished maybe 90% used thats maybe the problem I remember when I got the new resin I did not
shaked and stirred the resin,thanks.
artcad
Novice

Postby artcad » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:40 am

I did this print maybe 4 times and every time,there are 3 rings on the build plate but every time the first one is good the second 60% of the ring printed and the last one 30% of ring printed and all 4 prints were the same is this a grid issue? Because I tried it with other resin also and it got same prints.Anyone ever had this same problem?Could you tell me how you fixed it.

Berc
Attachments
IMG_1189.JPG
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi,

Please try adding 1 second to the exposure times.
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:04 pm

I believe that the lamp in a DLP projector does not provide a uniform power distribution across the whole build space. It isn't something you can really see visually because our eyes cannot detect the minute variations in brightness, but the resin can "see" the difference. As the lamp starts to age, the distribution will start to gradually weaken.

Increasing the exposure time will compensate for it like Mark suggested. This is the principle behind the MSM setting on a B9 printer - it was a factor tied to the age of the lamp (from the projector's lamp hours reading) to compensate for the weakening light output.
artcad
Novice

Postby artcad » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Thanks for your reply but I have to add 1 second to both exposure times,like layer exposure is 2,7 now I should bring it to 3,7
and initial exposure i now 15 and I should bring it to 16?
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:30 pm

It looks like your initial exposure is still good, right? Nothing separated from the build plate from the photo you posted.

I'd just bump the layer at 1 second to start with and see if that resolves all three models.
artcad
Novice

Postby artcad » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Thanks I will try and hope it will work.
artcad
Novice

Postby artcad » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:06 pm

I did one print with both exposure times bumped up with 1 second and it was a mess for two of the rings one looked ok.
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:22 pm

artcad wrote:I did one print with both exposure times bumped up with 1 second and it was a mess for two of the rings one looked ok.

Worse than the photo? Like it was overexposure?

How does the optical path look? (projector lens, mirror and quartz)
artcad
Novice

Postby artcad » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:37 pm

Yes 2 of the models look very bad,optical path is fine I think I cleaned everything although it feels like the quartz is a bit higher,
when I put the vat on it I have push the vat slightly down to screw the thumbscrews in,I don't understand whats going on.
Another thing my resin is almost finished maybe I need a new bottle? I tried the new soluscast which is a new bottle but bad prints also,so this is maybe some other problem I cannot solve.