Hello, still there is a line

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
jayk87
Novice
Hello, still there is a line

Postby jayk87 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:37 am

Hello,
I posted same issues here http://reify-3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=972
So, I bought new film and calibrate everything.
The print quality is way better than before but there is still the problem with one layer.
All other layers are clean but only same layers always jammed.
I guess it could be the rods or linear stage problem.
Can someone please help me with this issues?
Attachments
help01.jpg
help01.jpg (52.41KiB)Viewed 14299 times
help02.jpg
rkundla
Solus Master

Re: Hello, still there is a line

Postby rkundla » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Can you post a photo of the underside of the ring? It is solid, hollow, where the line occurs?

Typically in that profile, you have gone to a large flat cured slice from something smaller and if your supports attaching the ring to the plate are not sturdy enough, will usually cause some sort of shift on the immediate layer.

One way to get around it is to angle the ring so that you do not have a large slice.
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:06 pm

I assume it is not the case. Did you by any chance pause you machine.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:09 am

I would like to see how you have it supported. As rkundla suggested, it might be from that big layer having more friction pulling off on the rise up.
jayk87
Novice

Postby jayk87 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:03 am

Thank you for your reply.
Yes the inside of the ring is hollow but this did not happen when I printed using the Solus proto resin.
Here is the picture of bottom support.
7.jpg

I changed film two days ago. I only printed 5 rings with the last film but the last print failed with the resin strongly attached to the film.
I tried to detach it gently but it ruined the film.So, I changed to a new film to test few times.
I print the ring with a 45-degree angle, but the result was miserable.
I printed third times but all the prints are broken. Some parts are not connected with support.
I tried 20x20 text prints too. but the result was almost same.
6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg
4.jpg (44.91KiB)Viewed 14200 times

The top parts are really good but the bottom part connected with support have the problem and the print are bent.

Here is my solus profile.
8.jpg

I thought the long exposure time could be the reason that the object bends.
but the reason support did not print well could be the reason not enough exposure time.

And I have barely tightened the thumbscrew.
when the Zlift goes up there is strong sound the object detached from the film.

Please help me get a good print.

Thank you.
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:08 am

Did it warp like that after you pulled it off the build plate or after you cured it? Or did that pull off the plate during the print?

I assume you are using Emerald. How old is it and how well did you shake it? The resin performance will start to change if it isn't well mixed or if over time, the bottle wasn't mixed thoroughly during use and the chemical balance is now incorrect. I had a bottle of Yellow that stopped working right as I used 3/4ths of it and had to throw it out.

Can you go back to SolusProto and still get a good print? That helps rule out issues with the film, tension, etc.

I'll let someone with more experience comment on the supports. I will suggest using the ring support for the base and then you can probably get a way with fewer, but thicker supports with decent penetration into the model.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:26 am

Did you have a windows update happen lately? Check all your setting, video, full rgb, brightness ext. Sometimes an update resets the graphics settings. Check the size or your gird and the focus. Also ruff up your build platform a little more. Try moving the model around to a different spot and rotate it 90 degrees. Just some thing to look at.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:29 am

Hi,

I have just emailed you a ring stl to test. Where are you located?
jayk87
Novice

Postby jayk87 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:29 pm

rkundla wrote:Did it warp like that after you pulled it off the build plate or after you cured it? Or did that pull off the plate during the print?

I assume you are using Emerald. How old is it and how well did you shake it? The resin performance will start to change if it isn't well mixed or if over time, the bottle wasn't mixed thoroughly during use and the chemical balance is now incorrect. I had a bottle of Yellow that stopped working right as I used 3/4ths of it and had to throw it out.

Can you go back to SolusProto and still get a good print? That helps rule out issues with the film, tension, etc.

I'll let someone with more experience comment on the supports. I will suggest using the ring support for the base and then you can probably get a way with fewer, but thicker supports with decent penetration into the model.

Always thank you for your help, Ron.
It was during print.
My Emerald resin is 3month old and I mixed very well over 10 min.
I will try after test print mark suggested.
jayk87
Novice

Postby jayk87 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:30 pm

Jewelermdt wrote:Did you have a windows update happen lately? Check all your setting, video, full rgb, brightness ext. Sometimes an update resets the graphics settings. Check the size or your gird and the focus. Also ruff up your build platform a little more. Try moving the model around to a different spot and rotate it 90 degrees. Just some thing to look at.

Thank you, Jewelermdt.
I havent update for long time and I blocked Autoupdate.
And I just check the video card setting and it was fine.

Thank you :)