Solus3D Home cycle not running

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
kolovos700
Re: Solus3D Home cycle not running

Postby kolovos700 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:47 am

Please take a look at the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WqI_RWXBOI
GSJ_NZ
Novice

Postby GSJ_NZ » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:06 am

Just had a similar event last week.
In my case it turned out the tilt plate wasn't engaging its stop / home switch as a small screw used to engage the switch had worked its way loose.
I could hear the tilt motor trying to move after the build arm had reached zero. Is yours doing the same?
kolovos700

Postby kolovos700 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:54 am

Hello
I thing is the same case how did you face it?
GSJ_NZ
Novice

Postby GSJ_NZ » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:05 pm

If you’re new to the machine or not willing to open your printer up, check with your supplier first.
If your printer doesn’t have the tilt motor and plate upgrade kit, now would be a good time to do it.
Also, I’m not an expert so don’t assume this is the best process, but it worked for me.

You’ll need to open the case and remove the section holding the mirror and Arduino boards, and then lay it upside down to reveal the screw on the underside of the tilt plate that contacts the tilt motor switch.
There’s a video somewhere that covers the replacement of the tilt motor and plate, and this will give you a look at how to access this area.

The screw and nut fits onto where the red cement is in the picture.
I removed the tilt motor and backed the threaded drive rod off a few turns so that when you reassemble it the tilt plate won’t be fully closed.

Push the tilt plate and quartz into the fully closed position against the case, and carefully adjust the screw until it fully engages the switch with a definite click, but not so much as to prevent the tilt plate and quartz from being completely closed and parallel with the case.
I used super-glue to secure the nut and screw once I had it positioned as it was all I had available right then, seems to be holding. (Anyone know what the red cement is? Loctite?)

Re-install the tilt motor and connect the threaded drive rod onto the tilt plate. Make sure all your optical surfaces are clean and spotless before you reassemble.
Reassemble and run a home cycle without the build plate attached. Then re-calibrate your build plate.

Good luck hope it works.
Attachments
P_20191106_232122_2.jpg