BAD results on the same ring..any ideas?

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
ironfonzy
Novice
BAD results on the same ring..any ideas?

Postby ironfonzy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:10 am

Hello people !!
i have a problem on these ring..with different rotation 20 25 30 i have the same issue like you can see above... :( ..My teflon is too old?...i shake well my resin the lens are clean..if you have an idea to test..because i need to cast it in couple of days... :? :? :? ...Thanks for your help !
ironfonzy

drewbacca
Novice

Re: BAD results on the same ring..any ideas?

Postby drewbacca » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:55 am

Hello,

Are you using fresh resin? And when you clean failed prints make sure to get all the loose pieces. A good way to get most is to File > Setup > Project white. Keep it on for around 10 sec and then peel of the cured rectangular layer.

In terms of support, try adding a few supports on top for the 30 Deg one. If all else fails decrease lift speed, as it can give you less failures and a finer layerless effect (that is if you are not pressed for time)

Anyone has other recommendations?
ironfonzy
Novice

Postby ironfonzy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:44 pm

ok thanks for tips drewbacca !! my lift is set to 70......i put some supports before..but same results...
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:42 am

Hi,

Under the Edit menu, open the profiles folder and open the emerald.xml with Wordpad. Change the 300 in this line <item key="printDownX" value="300" /> to 200 and save the file. On the resin profile page (gear icon) change to a different resin and then change back to emerald.

This will slow the tilt speed down and helps with tricky or thick prints.

If you're still having trouble, please email me the .stl