Failed prints. Pulling my hair out!

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master
Re: Failed prints. Pulling my hair out!

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:42 am

I use SolusCast right now. I been printing along great then today tried to print more of a badge, none came out. Printed a ring and heads right after (clean out vat) and they printed fantastic. Going to rotate the badges 90 degrees and try. Weird that turning them can make a difference.
sochin
Novice

Postby sochin » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:01 am

CADjewelrySchool wrote: Hi Alvaro. Check your Z lift speed in Solus Contour. It should be: 75-80 (for B9 Cherry Resin).

Mine is at 150 for B9 Cherry Rik. I would orient this build differently to make the most of the Solus tilt method separation and to put the least amount of stress on the overlaps of the domes which is the weakest part of the model.

I would also get rid of the sharp edges on the model for casting and finishing reasons.

My guess is that the VAT might be too tight and hindering the tilt mechanism. 50 minute print no problems here. HTH

cheers,
Sochin
Attachments
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0339.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
cruzaljewellers

Postby cruzaljewellers » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:38 am

Hi Rik ,

Thanks for the info i will try the Z lift speed and see how i go .
cruzaljewellers

Postby cruzaljewellers » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:42 am

Hi Sochin ,

Thanks for the info i will definitely try that , great result.
CADjewelrySchool
Novice

Postby CADjewelrySchool » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:29 am

sochin wrote:Mine is at 150 for B9 Cherry Rik.

Thanks Sochin. I forgot to reply. Back when I got one of the first Solus printers Mark had built, I spent months trying to get Cherry Resin to print. I was told to "sloooow" down the Z lift as the resin was "sticking" to the film alot. I will try @150 when I next print in Cherry resin.
sochin
Novice

Postby sochin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:57 pm

CADjewelrySchool wrote:
sochin wrote:Mine is at 150 for B9 Cherry Rik.

Thanks Sochin. I forgot to reply. Back when I got one of the first Solus printers Mark had built, I spent months trying to get Cherry Resin to print. I was told to "sloooow"

Hi Rik,
No worries, I have been busy as well. Did he get it to print? Guessing he is one of your customers? I actually turned mine down to 120 after reading your post. Not sure if it has made a difference yet but the extra time for the print is minimal.

cheers,
Sochin