layer failures

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Christian K.
Novice
Re: layer failures

Postby Christian K. » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:24 pm

Yeah !!!
Sry for my english ;)

As i said - we had no big problems with the solus.
Now this layer thing makes us crazy :P

Best regards!
Christian K.
Novice

Postby Christian K. » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:07 pm

So - i have some updates:

we shut down the laptop and the beamer! - afterwards it worked without any problems.
BUT when we don't shut down eyerything after the print, before printing a new job the problem appear again !!!

Any ideas what we could du ?

deinstall the new software and install it again?

best regards Christian
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:35 am

Check your power settings on your USB ports in Device Manager. It should be set to always on. Never let it go to sleep if idle, ect.
Never use a screen saver or let screen go to black. Any other electrical machines near the printer or on the same power circuit?

Just a couple thing to check.
3dLuke
Novice

Postby 3dLuke » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi, I just wanted to know if this was resolved. I've been running the solus for quite some time now. I'm been getting great prints everyday weeks in a row printing on the larger platform settings. I just switched back to the 48x27 and a very similar error happens on the same line for me as well. I will try and trouble shoot with the grease and also re-calibrate the platform again. I possibly might have it too tight.

But if you discovered anything else to help troubleshoot this please share.

Below are some photos where I highlighted in red the error. All at the same level. It almost appears as if the whole projected image shifted on the Y axis. Any advice would be great thank you.
Attachments
IMG_3978.JPG
IMG_3976.JPG
Best Regards,

Luke Johnson
Senior Designer
Arthur's Jewelers Creations.
Other Custom Designs by Luke Johnson
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:52 pm

First of all, you shouldn't make your bases so large. Also, when making supports using other software, make sure to run the STL through Netfab to check the file. Sometimes support geometries can cause errors.

Another thing you should try is lubricating the Z screw with some white lithium grease. Just to make sure everything is running smoothly.

You might also look into upgrading your Tilt motor to the newer motor. If you need help with that, contact info@junction3d.com
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/