new printer, first problems

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Sagariz
Novice
new printer, first problems

Postby Sagariz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:17 am

Hi everyone!, how are you?, I hope you´re fine.

I get the Solus and I started to make the first test but i have this problem with all the prints, what could it be?, Is brand new, maybe i´m making something wrong.

Thanks for your time guys!!, I really appreciate!

mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Re: new printer, first problems

Postby mongerdesigns » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:35 am

Looks like FULL RGB was not enabled properly on your computer. Please read the instructions again and make sure that part is done.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:10 am

Like Emil said. Go back and double check all your settings to the instruction manual. Read it VERY SLOW. I would also first print a 10x10x10 block and check it for size. If it's off, go into setup and adjust. Print the block till you get real close to 10x10x10. Believe me, this will help with models where you need good fitting parts.

ALSO It does not look like you have the projector and printer set up correct. Your grid should be more in the middle of the quartz. Which you should have your models print more in the middle of the build platform. Check your feet on the projector that they are screwed all the way in. You might have to shim a little to get the grid in the middle.
Sagariz
Novice

Postby Sagariz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:17 am

Thaks for the answer! :D, but maybe is not

I can´t find the option in the firs screen

The opcion of RGB was in another screen an it was enabled :D

mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:20 am

Also, did you setup the projector settings (brightness, contrast, gamma, eco mode, etc.) in the projector menu settings?
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:24 am

RGB need to be set to FULL

I take it that's French? which I can't read. I see it's Spanish, which I also don't know. But it does look like you have it set to Full.

Just not sure the Nvidia control panel is the right place to set the projectors output.

Right click on your screen and see if Display settings it there instead of Nvidia. Look for the same settings. Be sure you select the projector to change settings.

Simplemente no estoy seguro de que el panel de control de Nvidia sea el lugar correcto para configurar la salida de los proyectores.

Haga clic con el botón derecho en su pantalla y vea si aparece la configuración allí en lugar de Nvidia. Busque la misma configuración. Asegúrese de seleccionar el proyector para cambiar la configuración.
Last edited by Jewelermdt on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:30 am

Hey Emil

Dose the Nvidia control panel set the projector output?
Sagariz
Novice

Postby Sagariz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:35 am

Jewelermdt wrote:Like Emil said. Go back and double check all your settings to the instruction manual. Read it VERY SLOW. I would also first print a 10x10x10 block and check it for size. If it's off, go into setup and adjust. Print the block till you get real close to 10x10x10. Believe me, this will help with models where you need good fitting parts.

ALSO It does not look like you have the projector and printer set up correct. Your grid should be more in the middle of the quartz. Which you should have your models print more in the middle of the build platform. Check your feet on the projector that they are screwed all the way in. You might have to shim a little to get the grid in the middle.

I read this information in the manual:

For the Vivitek 1186, 1188 and Optoma HD37, rotate the vertical lens shift wheel (3) counterclockwise
until the image is at its lowest position.
Rotate the lens cap on the focus ring (1) to focus the image. It is helpful to press the menu button on the
projector so you have some text to focus with.

For me this is the lowest position, or I´m wrong? jeje

Or did I have to put in the middle of the quarz?

sorry I´m not very good with this new technology XD I´m here to learn with the masters of solus :D

Thanks for your help!, I appreciate!!
Sagariz
Novice

Postby Sagariz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:41 am

Jewelermdt wrote:RGB need to be set to FULL

I take it that's French? which I can't read.

Thanks for your answer :D, it´s spanish :D

Here´s the RGB options, "Completa" is FULL :D

what else could be?

Thaks for your time!! :D
Sagariz
Novice

Postby Sagariz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:43 am

mongerdesigns wrote:Also, did you setup the projector settings (brightness, contrast, gamma, eco mode, etc.) in the projector menu settings?

Hi EMil, thanks for your help, Yes,
I have reviewed all the projector configuration options, give me a few minutes until the projector is cold and I´ll show you the settings :D