Shifting layers at top of finger rail

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Messerbr
Solus Expert
Re: Shifting layers at top of finger rail

Postby Messerbr » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:01 pm

mongerdesigns wrote:Yes. Those spots.

Do you get these lines on most of your prints, or only these particular models? If you get them on all of them, then we recommend sending the machine in for diagnostics, maintenance and repair if needed. Please email info@junction3d.com for details.

Yes, lately these lines have been more prominent but we have had this issue for a while now. I'm running another print after replacing the film and re-calibrated the build platform. If I have the same or a similar issue then I'll definitely send it in for you guys to test and repair.
CADjewelrySchool
Novice

Postby CADjewelrySchool » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:19 pm

If this happens regularly with prints, I suggest that you check that your quartz is still secure. If you can slide it then that is probably the issue. I have had several customers who had the double-sided tape (which secures the quartz to the acrylic frame) loose adhesion over a few years due to both the heat from the projector, and cleaning the quartz with IPA. You can either replace the double sided tape, or purchase a new tilt plate with new glass secured in a metal bezel (the current model Solus printers come with this as standard).
Messerbr
Solus Expert

Postby Messerbr » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:25 pm

CADjewelrySchool wrote:If this happens regularly with prints, I suggest that you check that your quartz is still secure. If you can slide it then that is probably the issue. I have had several customers who had the double-sided tape (which secures the quartz to the acrylic frame) loose adhesion over a few years due to both the heat from the projector, and cleaning the quartz with IPA. You can either replace the double sided tape, or purchase a new tilt plate with new glass secured in a metal bezel (the current model Solus printers come with this as standard).

Ah, I never thought to check that. We got our printer over 2 years ago so I think we definitely have an older model.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:39 am

You can just get some new tape and reinstall it. Mine got too warm and loosen it up.
Messerbr
Solus Expert

Postby Messerbr » Fri May 04, 2018 1:43 pm

I checked the quartz and it didn't slide around. I replaced the film and made sure there were no air pockets and it lays perfectly flat. These are better and I definitely usable, but it is still not %100. The layer shift still seems to be there. :| attached are images showing supported and un-supported rings
Attachments
5-4-18 layer shift 03.jpg
5-4-18 layer shift 02.jpg
5-4-18 layer shift 01.jpg
emild
Novice

Postby emild » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:12 pm

Messerbr wrote:I checked the quartz and it didn't slide around. I replaced the film and made sure there were no air pockets and it lays perfectly flat. These are better and I definitely usable, but it is still not %100. The layer shift still seems to be there. :| attached are images showing supported and un-supported rings

have you found the issue?
Christian K.
Novice

Postby Christian K. » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:16 pm

Had the same issue.
Annoying.

We dismantled the projector and found out, that there are parts that are moving.
Try to tighten all screws. we allso put paper around the lens.
It helped!!!

Now with the lines after 1 cm we have no clue what is going on. settings are as recommend.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:50 am

In both rings it looks like the line is before the design juts out a little. I would put supports to the outside edge from 10 O'clock to 2 O'clock and see if that helps. Plus use .4 to .6 points on support tips.