Not Sure whats going on

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Messerbr
Solus Expert
Re: Not Sure whats going on

Postby Messerbr » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:11 pm

mongerdesigns wrote:Try bumping up the exposure by 1s. See if that helps.

Could the bulb is just weak since it's 3rd party.

This seems third party too, but they say it's the same brightness. Also the price is higher, so might be a better option. https://www.purelandsupply.com/infocus- ... 606hd.html

Obviously the best option is to get it directly from Infocus. They're out of stock on their website it seems, but looks like they still have some on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HRTISAQ

The bulb had the same manufacturing stamp/engraving as the original that came with the projector. Bumped the layer exposure to 5s at 25xy 25z and had the same result as above. initial layers stick, rest of it does not.

UPDATE: Swapped resins to the SolusCast just to get a print out. Cube prints more than SolusWax but still fails horribly. So its looking like that bulb is no good even though it seemed to be identical to the original.
CADjewelrySchool
Novice

Postby CADjewelrySchool » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:15 am

Messerbr wrote:Could the bulb is just weak since it's 3rd party... So its looking like that bulb is no good even though it seemed to be identical to the original.

We have found that only a replacement bulb and housing from the original manufacturer works in either the InFocus or Vivitek projectors. We first purchased 2 x oem bulbs/housing and they did not work as expected. After purchasing 2 x InFocus supplied original bulbs/housing they worked perfectly fine. Also, have you checked that the small square glass - that sit in front of the bulb (in front of the colour wheel)- is not broken? If it is broken you will need to replace it, as you will not be able to get a print out if it is broken. Refer to image below:
Attachments
infocus-glass-filter.jpg
Messerbr
Solus Expert

Postby Messerbr » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:41 pm

Sooo I believe the problem may be solved... I retraced my steps and I didn't have the housing locked down all the way in the projector.. Got it down tight and ran a couple calibration cubes and a sample ring and everything seems to be ok. :D
Attachments
Good Sample 02.jpg
Good Sample 01.jpg
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:55 pm

Beautifull print.
CADjewelrySchool
Novice

Postby CADjewelrySchool » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:52 pm

Messerbr wrote:Sooo I believe the problem may be solved... I retraced my steps and I didn't have the housing locked down all the way in the projector.. Got it down tight and ran a couple calibration cubes and a sample ring and everything seems to be ok. :D

Yah. The projector bulb housing is a really tight fit in the projector, you have to push it quite a bit to make sure it is in securely and are able to tighten both screws. Nice print - looks like you have resolved it.