Flashing issues

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru
Re: Flashing issues

Postby mongerdesigns » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:09 pm

Another thing I suggest checking is your lamp installation. Make sure the lamp assembly is seated in there properly. If it's not perfectly seated, then it's possible to get a bad hotspot. This is especially true with 3rd party lamps. So you want to make sure it's inserted correctly and that you can easily tighten both set screws. If one of the screws just spins and won't tighten all the way, it could be that the lamp is not seated correctly.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Kris-D
Novice

Postby Kris-D » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:59 pm

I'm also still getting what I believe to be excessive flashing at the base of my parts.

*These have not been cured at all.
Attachments
excessive_flashing.jpg
Kris-D
Novice

Postby Kris-D » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:08 pm

mongerdesigns wrote:Another thing I suggest checking is your lamp installation. Make sure the lamp assembly is seated in there properly. If it's not perfectly seated, then it's possible to get a bad hotspot. This is especially true with 3rd party lamps. So you want to make sure it's inserted correctly and that you can easily tighten both set screws. If one of the screws just spins and won't tighten all the way, it could be that the lamp is not seated correctly.

Thank you. I did double check this and both screws are correctly seated. It's a little bit of a struggle to get them to both seat but I'd made certain they are right. I had to tighten the one at the front a little first and then the one at the back.
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Kris-D wrote:I'm also still getting what I believe to be excessive flashing at the base of my parts.

I wouldn't worry about that, since it does help make sure the print stays secure to the plate. ;)
Kris-D
Novice

Postby Kris-D » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:36 pm

True but it also contaminates your resin with tiny little flakes of the cured resin peeling off from the flashing. It also is an indication of something in your calibration isn't dialed in completely. Don't get me wrong I understand that this isn't a huge issue but the more I can dial this in the better my prints will be. I'm starting to strain my resin after each day and not store it in the vat so this will be less of an issue but I'd still like to get it dialed in a little better.
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:24 am

Kris-D wrote:True but it also contaminates your resin with tiny little flakes of the cured resin peeling off from the flashing.

Looking closer at your last photo, I do see a lot of small debris on the build plate. Did you filter your resin before that print?

The only real solution is to back off the bottom layer exposure incrementally until you find the right setting.