Printer/projector is disconnecting upon touch

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Cassio
Novice
Printer/projector is disconnecting upon touch

Postby Cassio » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:28 pm

Hello all,

I'm experiencing an issue with either my projector or printer(I'm not to certain if it's one or both) sometimes disconnecting when I touch the printer. It doesn't always happen, and I don't think it's an issue with static. I already have the power cable that should nullify the static transfer, and I usually touch something to discharge any static charge on me before I mess with the printer. I'd say I experience this problem about 80% of the time trying to print. Sometimes it happens before a print, sometimes it happens after, but whenever it does happen I usually can't get it working again for at least a few hours, trying every 30 minutes or so to restart all the components(laptop, printer, projector). I've had the printer and projector for almost 3 and a half years now, and the last major issue experienced was static interference, which Emil helped resolve at the time.

Any and all solutions or tips are appreciated.

Thanks
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: Printer/projector is disconnecting upon touch

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:18 am

Could be the computer motherboard is dying. Or bad USB cable. Have you tried switching out the cable? First thing I would try. Doubt it's the projector, doesn't connect to the printer. If your touching the printer and it's happening it might be the connector on the printer has gone bad.
Cassio
Novice

Re: Printer/projector is disconnecting upon touch

Postby Cassio » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 pm

I'll give it a shot, thanks