Vivitek WH1188 - how to turn of vivitek logo 'screensaver'

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
LarsZ
Vivitek WH1188 - how to turn of vivitek logo 'screensaver'

Postby LarsZ » Mon May 20, 2019 9:24 am

I've been using the Solus for some time now and I suddenly noticed there is a 'Vivitek' logo (=text 'Vivitek') 'burned' in my printing foil! I've gone trough the setting menu's of the beamer but could not find anything to turn this off. Also in windows 10 the settings for screensaver is set to 'none'. Also I don't know were this logo comes from as I always turn the beamer off before I turn the PC off....

Does anyone else also got this problem? Of perhaps even knows a solution?
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Re: Vivitek WH1188 - how to turn of vivitek logo 'screensaver'

Postby Jewelermdt » Tue May 21, 2019 1:08 am

That square orange Plexiglas that came with your printer should Always be between your printer and projector lens until you start a print. The logo is programmed in the projector. Would have to look in the projector menu to see if you can turn it off.
LarsZ

Postby LarsZ » Wed May 22, 2019 7:11 am

Jewelermdt wrote:That square orange Plexiglas that came with your printer should Always be between your printer and projector lens until you start a print. The logo is programmed in the projector. Would have to look in the projector menu to see if you can turn it off.

Thank you for your reply! I thought that it was just for calibration (to make the grid move visible). The orange sheet of plexiglas also has a paper attached to one side, I always kept it on as it kind of helped during calibration. Is this also the purpose of this paper or should it be removed? I'm kind of nervous of scratching either the projector lens or the window in the side of the printer.....
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri May 24, 2019 3:23 am

it can stay on. You just want to block light from projector getting to the printer. The orange color of the Plexiglas adsorbs the UV light so as not to allow the resin to cure.
LarsZ

Postby LarsZ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:01 am

I have been using the plexiglas square for a couple of weeks now and it works perfectly. :-) Thank you for the advise!