Failed prints: a number of layers FULLY cured

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
sochin
Novice
Re: Failed prints: a number of layers FULLY cured

Postby sochin » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:27 am

sprue wrote:Ok so everything was set up properly then. I think 9 out of 10 print failures that I get comes down to inconsistencies with the resin itself. If I don't empty out the vat and thoroughly mix it EVERY time I'll get bad results. Any good alternatives to the solus proto? I've used less expensive resins in my other printer and have had zero problems with them.

B9 Cherry settles the most of all the resins I have used but I like it the most. I know you are not after a castable resin but just talking about stirring resins. The stirring does not bother me because I get consistent prints and casts and it takes very little time.

Before I start printing I put on a rubber glove and stir the resin with my finger for the above reason and another. It also allows me to feel the inside of the tray for any pieces that are stuck to it. If I find any I can remove them before they damage the film during the next print. Reify did make me a special high wall aluminium vat for this to stop spilling over the edges as I mix with my finger. Thanks Mark :)

So many resins to choose from now. That said I have not seen much better quality than Monger gets with the miniatures he has printed.
Attachments
20191112_212238.jpg