Creation Workshop won"t boot up

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
wawatobi
Novice
Creation Workshop won"t boot up

Postby wawatobi » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:47 am

I left my machine printing and later came back to find that the print had stopped and the computer was off. All the power setting are set to "never". Now when I try to run Creation workshop I get a windows message " UV_DLP....... is not working"
Creation Workshop won't boot up. Any ideas?
reify
Site Admin

Re: Creation Workshop won"t boot up

Postby reify » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:00 pm

There should be an easy fix to this. Try erasing CW and unzipping it again. If you made any changes to any of the resin profiles you should move those to a different folder and then move them back after you've unzipped CW.

I don't think CW could cause the computer to turn off so maybe your laptop accidentally got unplugged which triggered a different group of power saving settings?
wawatobi
Novice

Postby wawatobi » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:28 pm

I tried deleting the program but couldn't find it . Should it be in the list of programs? If so what is the name?
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:56 pm

I installed mine under the Solus folder in Programs folder. Do you have your printer and laptop on a Battery Backup??? Best thing to do, helps in power surges and flickers that could cause your computer to shut down.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:59 am

CW doesn't install like most programs so you just need to find the file folder and erase it.
wawatobi
Novice

Postby wawatobi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:58 am

I deleted cw75 folder but when I downloaded and ran it again, I got the same message when I pressed run. Maybe I should wipe this laptop clean and install the same version of Windows 8 that was used when making the manual. Were you using Windows 8.1?
I don't know what else to do. I'm thinking that if I am using the same version of Windows that I might be able to set it up without bothering you folks too much.
wawatobi
Novice

Postby wawatobi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 am

By the way, Mark, I cast a bunch of stuff before this problem and the results were outstanding. No sign of ash and I don't try vacuum the mold before pouring the metal. Guys at Rhinogold were impressed with the pics.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:21 am

Hi,

Are you trying to open it from the icon? I remember reading someone had a bug where they needed to double-click the .exe file to get it to run.