Need help BAD

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
OpedHead
Novice
Re: Need help BAD

Postby OpedHead » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:00 am

GSJ_NZ wrote:I’m not an expert, but I can share some of my experiences.
As soon as I get lines in my prints looking anything like that I’ll check and maybe change the film, and re-check that I’m not tightening the vat too much. Obviously, Monger has already said this, but its easy to overlook when you’ve got repeat fails to deal with.
I put a new film in today, and finished with the vat sitting back on the quartz I got approx. 1mm gap between the vat and printer with no resin (and no thumbscrews). Someone may need to correct me on this, but I find there should be a gap of 0.6mm between the base of the vat and the printer, with 40ml of resin in. It usually only takes about 1.5 turns of the thumbscrews to get to this point, if that.

If I see identical models progressively fail towards one end of the build area, I’ll start by checking the film in that area for damage and re-calibrate the build plate.

As Jewelermdt has pointed out, your setup looks like it would be hard to get clear access to your printer. It looks like it would be difficult to accurately calibrate the build plate without moving the printer.
With the build plate itself, once you have carefully roughed it up with 40 or 60 grit paper (keeping it a flat, true surface) calibrate it and leave it. Re-sanding it could knock the calibration out.

Another problem that myself and others have had before is the quality of the power supply. It looks like there’s a lot of electrical gear in that room. You may already be using one but a good UPS that reliably smooths the supply is a good investment.
I recall others having major print issues with heaters and/or radiators being near their printers.
Hope some of this helps, good luck!

Thankyou for the advice that's very valuable information; being able to identify problems and knowing their remedy is always pure gold! And it's like the good ol, give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime

My setup is fine for calibrating the grid, calibrating the build head however may be difficult but I haven't had to alter that as the tech had pre calibrated it for me and I've been very careful to treat it gently, but if posed to be a problem I can put the printer/projector on the desk next to it... But at the moment my mate games on the old printer slave while I draw CAD models lol

Yes you're right, there is a heap of electrical stuff in that room, I'll take your advice and I'll invest in a good quality UPS
OpedHead
Novice

Re: Need help BAD

Postby OpedHead » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:02 am

reify wrote:Hi,

All the videos are linked in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=104

I'll contact you today to help get this sorted.

Awesome thankyou! These video's are great!