arm stuck at lowest position

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Kevin
Novice
Re: arm stuck at lowest position

Postby Kevin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:27 pm

I got the new motor in and everything is back up and running. Apparently Some resin had dripped into the motor and eventually froze the bearing, probably from the time I poked a bunch of tiny holes in the film by running the machine with some unknown floaters in the resin. I cleaned it up but didn't even think that it would have dripped down into the motor.
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:22 pm

Glad it was sorted out and you're up and running again.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Yes cleanliness is a key component to getting printing right every time. I am very aware about how clean everything should be as far as printing goes.
JYC22

Postby JYC22 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:41 am

I have the same problem a few times now. Just today I tried to print my first print of the day..did the homing cycle, arm came down and stuck at the bottom with the grinding sound. the only way to stop the sound was to either turn the printer off or press the reset button. Either way I couldn't raise the arm. After a few hours of frustration, I finally check my USB cable by unplugging it from my computer and making sure i plugged it back in properly. Restarted the computer, reset the printer, Homing ($h) press send, now grinding sound gone, press 50..Arm raised. printer working normally since.
So when this happens again...Check your USB cable.
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sun May 07, 2017 8:50 pm

JYC22 wrote:I have the same problem a few times now. Just today I tried to print my first print of the day..did the homing cycle, arm came down and stuck at the bottom with the grinding sound. the only way to stop the sound was to either turn the printer off or press the reset button. Either way I couldn't raise the arm. After a few hours of frustration, I finally check my USB cable by unplugging it from my computer and making sure i plugged it back in properly. Restarted the computer, reset the printer, Homing ($h) press send, now grinding sound gone, press 50..Arm raised. printer working normally since.
So when this happens again...Check your USB cable.

Thank you for the Tip.