How I can get continuous success in print

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master
Re: How I can continuously print successful

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri May 19, 2017 4:47 am

flip it upside down and use manual supports. look for any green area not supported. Add supports. Look for areas that are not green but a section like it is supported on the other side. The auto support function is good, but it does not catch all areas sometimes. You can't over support a model in my opinion. You can use the slider to hide the base supports and see areas that need supports better.

post your file. Hard to tell from that picture.
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Fri May 19, 2017 3:28 pm

just try waxcast from makerjuice and use the exact same supports , and find out if its the supports or not , WX not too expensive and will be good to not only relie on one resin , however , in my opinion , if you don't buy Tilers dip and dip your model in there like 5 times before you tree it up , you'll have a hard time getting good casting results
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat May 20, 2017 3:27 am

I get good casting with the emerald resin. Just like any resin, it's all in the cure. I use prestige optima investment.
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Sat May 20, 2017 2:59 pm

yes so do I , when I don't get a fail , I'm not saying abandon what you know , I'm saying add to it , the green and the film tension do not produce consistent results at all , WX has its own problems too , but in my opinion , its not in the growing , however with a dip coating , to me , its good results and you not dependent on only one resin
artcad
Novice

Postby artcad » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:02 am

Where can I buy Tilers dip I am located in Europe,Ilike the smoothness of wax cast but casting is not too good