How I can get continuous success in print

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
kmlsoni
Novice
How I can get continuous success in print

Postby kmlsoni » Sat May 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi,
My every other print get failed, how I can continuously print successfully. :cry: :|
Attachments
IMG_4049.JPG
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG
IMG_4040.JPG
IMG_4039.JPG
Last edited by kmlsoni on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert
Novice

Re: How I can continuously print successful

Postby Robert » Sat May 13, 2017 8:49 pm

There's a few basic things I have noticed when I had a similar issue.

1) Use more supports than the software suggests. The supports they suggest are for the general build, I add extra just to help support the model in case a support fails to print (check my post on large bulky models - I had similar problems). Use a mixture of large and small ones. I actually find the VERY big ones are not very good, they fail printing quite often. Have a play and find the ones you like. Largest I go to now is 0.6.

2) Make sure your resin is VERY well mixed. Shake it like crazy, agitate it with some ball-bearings of some sort. The pigment is very heavy so sinks.

3) Make sure you filter your resin EVERY SINGLE PRINT. It makes sure the resin is clean. :)

4) Make sure your film is not too tight. Loose is good. This can be very hard to get right.

5) Make sure you are not bolting the resin vat to the printer too hard. It should be just tight enough to hold it in place.

6) If you have not been regularly shaking your resin, you may need to just purchase some new resin and start fresh. I am now super nervous about making sure it's well mixed! I'm using Solusproto resin, though!
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Sat May 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Use better resin. The cherry resin is very difficult to work with because it has so much pigment that can settle even during the time of the print.

Either use the emerald, or wait for our own castable resin to be released very shortly after the JCK Las Vegas.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT4H6RBDBeX/
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Robert
Novice

Postby Robert » Sat May 13, 2017 10:21 pm

I love how blunt you are, Mark. :D
drewbacca
Novice

Postby drewbacca » Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 am

I've never had a problem growing B9 Emerald until recently. I feel like the age of the resin is the culprit. Whenever I had a failed print I used to filter back and pour the resin back into the same container as well which may have attributed to the loss in photosensitive properties. Now, I get results as seen in the pictures more often than not. (resin is around 6 months old)

Note:
I have checked Z level, and it is pinch tight as per instructional video
increased exposure time to 2.9
Film I am currently using is a new film installed by the guys at reify themselves as it came with my Aluminum VAT
thumb screws are finger tight and I don't hear much snapping layer after layer from the peeling

I ordered a new bottle of B9 yellow even though I still have 1/4 bottle of Emerald left. Hopefully I can come back and show you the results.
Attachments
20170517_152355.jpg
20170517_152325.jpg
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Wed May 17, 2017 12:42 pm

The emerald I have been using is over a year old and I don't have any issues. I put the resin I filter in a different UV proof jar then just add new to it as needed. 9 out of ten times the failures are due to supports not in the right place, something in the design is not supported properly or the STL is compromised.
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Wed May 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Always filter and replenish with new one when needed. shake well before use. resin will last for all long period of time if it well kept.
If your machine is nicely tight, than review over your support strategy. My 2 cents. Marc.
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Wed May 17, 2017 5:30 pm

its not supports , why will WC grow and emerald not on the exact same file, repeatably , its the film and the resin, a combo of both , as Emil says , just wait a little more and the new resin will work fantastic with there machine because there's would have been designed to work with there machine , as good as the green is , its made for the B9 , but this new one will grow better with more detail faster with way way way less fails (if any) than one not formulated for there machine and , In my opinion, but its not the the supports in most cases , think about it , when you received it new , new film and in most cases new resin and everything worked fine , now time has gone by and if you didn't know how to preserve your resin , then problems , and if you did know how the by now you have changed you film and then the problems stared , so I say its not the supports most time , the new resin is not as delicate with the film as the other resins because this was made to fix all those fails for there machine , so Thank God the answer is here in this new resin , All ail the Blue
drewbacca
Novice

Postby drewbacca » Thu May 18, 2017 7:42 am

Archerm wrote:The emerald I have been using is over a year old and I don't have any issues. I put the resin I filter in a different UV proof jar then just add new to it as needed. 9 out of ten times the failures are due to supports not in the right place, something in the design is not supported properly or the STL is compromised.

I have to agree with rsaldivar, it may be due to the lack of supports in some cases. In my case I know for a fact it is not l lack of support, 1000% sure. I got rid of the old resin and poured in new resin and ran the same print job....voila
kmlsoni
Novice

Postby kmlsoni » Thu May 18, 2017 5:06 pm

Anyone can find the any support issue?
Attachments
support.jpg