Mis prints

This section is for specific instructions for daily operations of the Solus printer and for troubleshooting. User submitted tips, etc. should go in the "Tips and Tutorials" section.
Archerm
Solus Master
Re: Mis prints

Postby Archerm » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:28 pm

Did the print come out ok?? 107% that's interesting??
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:07 am

Nope half on build plate half on film. Then taking off the platform it sliped and fell into vat. Now got to replace film, put a hole in it.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:02 pm

I think it's actually 1.07%. It says "paused" so any chance you accidentally pressed the pause button after it started?
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:58 pm

I pressed pause after it drooped so quickly so as not to cause any more damage. Didn't want it to start printing again and maybe break something.

I guess you could go over 100% if it miscalculated the time to print. With the platform all the way up it usually is done.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:56 am

Jewelermdt wrote:With the platform all the way up it usually is done.

True...if you pushed pause it would have just stopped. I'm not sure what could have caused it to restart like that.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:13 am

I don't know either. But a while back I did have another glitch similar. It went all the way up but was acting like it was printing, going up and down from that height.

On another note. I am liking the green resin. I cast a head and bail and pendant. Used regular satincast and my normal burnout. No vacuuming out flask. Did not see any ash. I only cured in Microwave 3min rest 5min. two times. I dipped once in my mineral spirits- wax mixture to dry off oil that I used in microwave.
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:50 am

I am still finding stuff on my computer that will cause a misprint. I thought I eliminated everything but the other day Levono software was trying to do a hardware check and stopped a print. Don't know where it was hiding but it hides no more!!
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:25 am

Like I've said before, Win 10 is evil. :evil: I have updates turned off. Went to turn off laptop and it went into installing updates.
Kevin
Novice

Postby Kevin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:42 pm

My first print was a simple round band and it came out great, after that I've had no success. I've tried 3 times to grow these rings. I've cleaned the vat, calibrated the build plate, checked the .stl files and checked the slice view. Is there an easier way to check the slices other than clicking the mouse button 1200+ times?

Also the supports on the ring on the right are curved, but should be straight. Any idea how to fix that?

mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi Kevin,

When you said you cleaned the vat....What did you use to clean it? You shouldn't clean the vat. The film can easily get scratched by abrasive paper towels. We suggest using a soft silicone spatula to gently wipe off the remainder of the resin from the film and the tank.

If there are junks left on the film after a failed print, you can pour out the resin into a cup, then put a microfiber cloth or pec pad underneath the film and push up gently, and use the tweezers to carefully pickup the stuck pieces. Be careful not to scratch or dent the film.

Depending on what you used to clean the film, it's possible that it's damaged and needs to be replaced. There is a video on how to do that in the videos section viewtopic.php?f=12&t=104
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/