Compatible projectors

General topics about 3d printing.
zigabric
Compatible projectors

Postby zigabric » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Hello everyone,

I am very close to buying myself the Solus. Now I am trying to research about the compatible projectors. Before buying one from the official Solus dealer in Europe, I will try to source one out locally, to simplify the warranty and service processes.

I have found the official recommended projector list. Has anyone tried any other models with success? Do projectors from the Solus dealers come modified in any way or is it safe to buy the recommended models locally?

Thank you and best regards,
Ziga
Messerbr
Solus Expert

Re: Compatible projectors

Postby Messerbr » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:58 pm

I use the InFocus 8606 projector as it was the recommended option when we purchased the Solus about 2 years ago. Works well and cant complain. We did not buy our projector through a Solus dealer, but I do not believe they modify them in any way. They have an external mount that comes with the printer that attaches to the bottom of the projector and keeps everything lined up.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:40 am

The Infocus 8606 is NO LONGER in production. I would contact Mark or Emil. info@juction3d.com
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Currently, the Vivitek 1186 is the best option. We do not modify them so if you can find one locally then that's good.
zigabric

Postby zigabric » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Thank you for the replies everyone! I will be looking into Vivitek 1186 then.

A local dealer told me that the projector bulb usually spreads the light evenly in the first 150 hours, then it slowly starts on losing power. Is this true? I assume this means that some parts of the build area start curing slower than others.

What is your experience, how many effective hours should I expect from the bulb before replacing one? Do you replace them with original bulbs or with cheaper knockoffs? (The local dealer told be they are "exactly the same") :)

Thank you again for your help,
Ziga
zigabric

Postby zigabric » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:19 pm

I just saw that I have written "150 hours" instead of "1500 hours". My bad, it seems that one zero slipped out. :?