reusing the resin left in the resin pool.

General topics about 3d printing.
Hassiya
Novice
reusing the resin left in the resin pool.

Postby Hassiya » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi All

I just done our firs print which was a success. this seem like a silly question but what shall we do with the rest of the resin? Can it be reused? Rerstored for future use?

Hassiya
reify
Site Admin

Re: reusing the resin left in the resin pool.

Postby reify » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Hi,

You can reuse it. But I suggest storing it in a different bottle, not mixing it back in with the fresh resin.
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:52 pm

I pour mine into a UV protected jar. Then when I re-use it I mix it with a spatula in that jar then strain it when I pour the resin into the vat. I strain after every print no Exceptions.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:33 am

If I know I'm going to print next day or two, I leave it in vat. Put a piece of cardboard on top and into a big poly-bag. This is stored in a drawer so no light gets in. Stir it up in morning and go. If a lot of resin was used then I add a little. You kind of get use to how high is the normal full vat.
Ellie
Novice

Postby Ellie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:03 pm

just wondering how long the strained resin can be reused for? I keep mine in a 40ml tub painted black on the outside, topped up with fresh resin after a few prints and strained into the vat, can I just keep topping it up or should I cure it and chuck it and start again? I have noticed its possibly a touch thicker then the fresh resin and it settles much easier, I can see the white pigment on the bottom of the tub most times before I shake it,