need some help

General topics about 3d printing.
Sebastien_Lani
Novice
Re: need some help

Postby Sebastien_Lani » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:36 am

Yes, white would have been better or black. I'm dreaming of a transparent one with only UV absorption...

You can also share some of your results to get feedback.
manakawari
Solus Expert

Postby manakawari » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:29 pm

thanks , yes i was actually just about the share my latest print...imo this is my first successful print(when i say successful i mean complete with no holes or sagging) so i imagine the i set up the machine properly right? at this point there should be no doubt that my graphics and computer settings are correct?? thats what i was worried about.

After taking a posters advice , i switched the exposure time to 3 seconds up from 2500 ms and it seems to have allowed for a much more stable and complete print.

i do have rather visible print lines that you can clearly see in the photo, im not sure if these are unavoidable or if there is something i can do to further increase the quality of the print.

i used red makerjuice sf with slightly less than 1 percent red pigment added.

My settings were
0.025mm slice thickness
exposure time was 3000ms
bottom exposure 12000
bottom layers 3
anti aliasing was enabled and set to 2

the lift and sequence was kept at 6000 and settings in that area not touched at all and whatever the default settings were i left them at that.

so this photo is the result of what i achieved with the above settings and i would love to get feedback on how i could improve future prints.

i would also love to better understand what some of these settings actually mean so that i could better trouble shoot my prints and dial it in because im sort of driving blind, with the exception of exposure time and slice thickness, i really do not understand what many of the settings actually mean...is there a printing guide somewhere for the software?
Attachments
20160608_101159.jpg
my first successful, complete print
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:01 am

Most of us have AA set to 4, it might help.