Finialy printing again

General topics about 3d printing.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master
Finialy printing again

Postby Jewelermdt » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:20 am

Finlay got back to printing after breaking my quarts table. Got the new one in and somehow my build platform walked off. Had to wait for that to get in. Got it yesterday but was too busy to get things going.
So today got the build plate flat to the table and tried a ring. It printed the bottom great, the top did not BUT I am fairly sure it's because of my design. Very thin filigree design and the top edges were not attached well enough to the sides.

I did try printing a full platform of a diamond shape. Not sure why some printed and some didn't. One guess it the build platform was too thin.

[img]
Dia1021.jpg
[/img]

Mike
Attachments
Dia1021.jpg
Dia1021.jpg (55.77KiB)Viewed 16060 times
M-Williams
Solus Master

Re: Finialy printing again

Postby M-Williams » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:58 pm

What was the issue.... was it the table or the exposure time.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:27 am

Hey M
I have not tried to print these again yet. Have had other items to try. I am getting better results on a couple of prints. I did change a few settings. Will have to go back and see what they are.
I have been so busy have not had a lot of time to print. Need to get some projects out the door so been concentrating on milling them in stead of printing.

I cast this from a print. [img]
Cast2.jpg
[/img] I coated the resin with spru wax dissolved in mineral spirits. forgot to clean out the lettering I had inside, so it filled in. It's a textured design band. Not a bad casting.
Attachments
Cast2.jpg
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:37 pm

Last edited by M-Williams on Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:40 pm

Did any one try the DC700 on the solus.

http://www.riogrande.com/Product/digita ... ing/700996
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:57 am

kind of pricey compared to b9 cherry
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:44 pm

You are right. it is way expensive than the cherry . However it is wax-like quality casting, no porosity,ashes ,or poor quality casting whatsoever,Just like wax there is no relevant word to express my thought.... I simply requested some samples from Rio,used satin investment and voila.
KBS756
Novice

Postby KBS756 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:56 pm

M-Williams wrote:Did any one try the DC700 on the solus.

http://www.riogrande.com/Product/digita ... ing/700996

I haven't tried it but it would be nice if someone could get it to work

I do think there would be some problem because all the DWS printers are either sweeping lasers or LED projectors ... which would make their light distribution a lot more consistent than a DLP's

I did ask Riogrande for a sample some time ago and the caster in the city has a much easier time with it (even with very tight prongs and filigree) than he does with Cherry
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:21 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but the DigitalWax® 009J is a DLP printer .UV light. and the new resin was primarily intended for it. I noticed even on a quick burnout the result was just Excellent.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Well trying to get back to printing. Can't seem to get anything to print. Prints the base layers only. sometimes it will print a little bit. I have printed this earring before just fine. Had to re set my quartz top. Came loose. Re calibrated everything. Checked settings. Don't know where to go from here.

Have new film in. Stirred up the resin from bottle. Printing again to see what happens. this time it stuck to film. I tighten up the vat a little. I think is was too much.