finally using my solus every day!!

General topics about 3d printing.
manakawari
Solus Expert
finally using my solus every day!!

Postby manakawari » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:31 am

iv had my solus for a year now and unfortunately ,I am so busy at work, I just havnt had the time to learn the machine properly...I had a few problems when I first started using it and I now 100 percent attribute them to using crap resin...once I bought the solus proto, its been a completely different experience and im kicking myself for
not just buying it sooner.

the past year I opted to cnc so many jobs that would have come out so much better and faster with my solus but I was always pressed for time and just couldn't afford a
failed print.

Now that I got the hang of this machine and im using solus proto only, I cant remember the last time I had a bad print and im printing several prints a day.

I love this machine!!!
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Re: finally using my solus every day!!

Postby mongerdesigns » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:38 am

Glad you're loving your Solus, James!

SolusProto is designed for this machine and delivers unmatched print quality for sure. I tried telling you from the beginning that it's worth the price ;)

Happy to hear your problems with the inferior resins are behind you.

Post some of your prints if you can!
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
manakawari
Solus Expert

Re: finally using my solus every day!!

Postby manakawari » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:14 pm

I know im very stubborn, lol...it was really the color that bothered me..i was just stuck believing that I needed a white proto material but its just not true.

I will post some photos soon of what I have been making with the proto and the results are great.

I have my machine set up to 42 as I felt I needed the larger build volume and didn't have the time to switch back constantly.

I was initially worried that 42 would not be high enough resolution to catch the very tiny lettering in some logos im printing'

but that's just not the case...the resolution is so great at 42 I cant imagine even needing to ever go to a higher resolution.

we are a product development company in the fashion industry and I have been using my solus to create custom metal embellishments
and hardware.

I model, print in proto and take the prints next door to a spin caster in my building and the results are stunning.

I initially had an issue with some prints warping in the vulcanizer but what I found works well is to cure the proto normally under uv, and then after cured, I place the prints
under a heat press set to about 250 degrees for 20 minutes...this post cure heating seems to further harden the prints and makes them less prone to warping.

Im so happy!!!!