Thing 2 upgrade - Fixed Mount Plate

Topics about Solus 3d Printer's hardware
Furqueron
Novice
Thing 2 upgrade - Fixed Mount Plate

Postby Furqueron » Fri May 26, 2017 4:40 pm

The Big White Toy Truck just left and looky at what he left behind :-)

Will get it installed on Thing 2 this afternoon.

Took pics of the bottom in case folks were curious as to what the pre-installed feet look like.

Curious as the instructions say to have the feet on the projector all the way up. Currently to get my grid aligned (I have a VERY level table that Thing 2 is on) I have to have the front foot way extended quite a bit (Infocus projector).

We shall see :-) If it works out, Thing 1 will get one as well.

DSC_0259-S.JPG
DSC_0260-S.JPG
Furqueron
Novice

Re: Thing 2 upgrade - Fixed Mount Plate

Postby Furqueron » Sat May 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Installed pics. See separate new thread for al tank views...couple of features not on website photo. Note UPS on lower shelf, being in Texas we have a few thunderstorms and momentary electric outages in the summer.

IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0257.JPG
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sun May 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Looks Good.
Furqueron
Novice

Postby Furqueron » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:59 am

Thanks. Liking it a lot. Not hard to change projector locations even for one person. No complaints at all.

Previously it felt like I would very often tilt or move the printer when lid was opened. Printer would tilt back just enough to break the magnets lose and the pins come down misaligned and not in the holes. Being retentive, I'd then curse a bit and then refocus etc and that took time. No worries now.

Also, personally, much prefer the alum tank to the acrylics. The pour spout is a very nice touch along with the milled fill lines. A "would be nice" is a low level indicator mill mark.

This last week the printer was going about 17-18 hours everyday getting ready for Wonderfest. Room is much cooler with Contour and projector power down feature compared to last year.

Oh, and the projector feet. All the way up ttuly does work now with the new plate. Quick calibration is a piece of cake.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:36 am

Very happy you like the upgrades and have fun at Wonderfest!

We have also redesigned the standard mount so it holds down the front of the printer when you open the lid. It makes set up easier too as you can see what you're doing now.

I'll add a low-level indicator to the next run of vats.