optoma replacement bulb

Topics about Solus 3d Printer's hardware
krist hochburger
Novice
optoma replacement bulb

Postby krist hochburger » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:48 am

I believe the bulb on my optoma hd37 is going bad. I've been looking at them and there is a tremendous difference in price depending on the seller... Can someone recommend a source?

Thank you,

Krist
rkundla
Solus Master

Re: optoma replacement bulb

Postby rkundla » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:54 am

If you don't mind taking apart the lamp assembly, the cheapest way is to buy an official OSRAM bulb that is used in the projector. Disconnecting the wires and re-attaching them is not too difficult.

If you take it apart, you can get the model information from the bulb housing and then look online for someone just selling the bare bulb. Make sure that you get the right one because the size of the bulb reflector and the neck length are important to getting the appropriate light pattern out of the projector.

As a reminder, these are high pressure bulbs, so you want to make sure that you do not get any grease or oils on the bulb or else you may have premature bulb failure and potential internal damage to your projector.
lklutts
Solus Expert

Postby lklutts » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:52 pm

buy the genuine bulb in the cradle. It is worth it.
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:22 pm

Trying to find an official Optoma replacement that doesn't cost an arm and a leg is difficult. They are sold out on Optoma's website and you can't be 100% sure you are getting an official one anywhere else on the internet.

I went through the same experience with my Vivitek projector and getting an official OSRAM bulb and reusing the cradle was the best option after I got a fake unit which was being billed as 'authentic'.