projector question

Topics about Solus 3d Printer's hardware
manakawari
Solus Expert
projector question

Postby manakawari » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:35 pm

I just received my printer and now I am about to order my projector...I was told to buy the Infocus IN8606HD ..im looking on amazon and I see two projectors...one is $699 and the other is like $1600? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... +IN8606HD+ why the huge difference in price?? im worried im missing something and may buy the wrong projector.
reify
Site Admin

Re: projector question

Postby reify » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:15 pm

Hi,

You can use either the In8606 or the Vivitek H1186HD:

http://www.amazon.com/Vivitek-H1186-WT-Pixel-Entertainment-Projector/dp/B00ZHZC78Q

Not sure why one In8606 is $1600...doubt they'll sell many at that price.
manakawari
Solus Expert

Postby manakawari » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:59 pm

Thanks for the quick reply...its just annoying because everyone on here has posted they paid around $600 for their infocus but on amazon its now only showing used infocus projectors anywhere near that price and the only new ones are listed at $1600!!!!!!...I suppose I could just buy the new vivitek but it seems the infocus is the more popular one and for trouble shooting purposes I just feel more comfortable using the more popular projector but this price is crazy!!! please calm my nerves and reassure me that there is zero difference between the two and I will be just as happy with the vivitek...its just that after all my research I was prepared to buy the infocus but this price is a problem....not to mention the black matches better than a white vivitek..lol
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:39 am

I don't think they make that one anymore. Not listed on Infocus website .
manakawari
Solus Expert

Postby manakawari » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:48 am

Damn it!! The infocus seems like the far more common projector on here and for trouble shooting and following of user suggestions, i just felt like the infocus was ideal...im worried because i have no experience, i was going to rely a lot on forum suggestions regarding settings and im afraid the suggested settings will not apply because im not using the infocus...is this a valid concern? So much so that buying the used infocus might be a reasonably good idea??..im just afraid that with a vivitek ill be more on my own..does this make sense?
KennyB
Novice

Postby KennyB » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:33 am

I understand your concerns, manakawari but since the Vivitek is an official option, I wouldn't worry.

The projector is pretty much a "set it and forget it" piece of the setup in my experience.

Also, the support I've received from Mark and Emil has been top notch in every way. If you have any issues at all, they will work you through them either here, the phone, or by connecting to your computer directly.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi,

I sent you a message before but it seems you haven't seen it yet. They are almost identical and in our testing the same settings work. A few people are already using the 1186 so don't worry.
manakawari
Solus Expert

Postby manakawari » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:25 pm

Thank you so much, I just needed the reassurance , lol...my experience is with fdm 3d printers and milling machines only so I was hoping to utilize the support on this forum to the best of its ability and I was worried using the less common projector might be a problem...thanks again and im placing the order now!!!
manakawari
Solus Expert

Postby manakawari » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:26 pm

and yes, I see your message now...I wasn't expecting private messages on here so I didn't bother to look!!..thanks!
wawatobi
Novice

Postby wawatobi » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:22 am

I had the same problem when I tried to buy the infocus projector. I kept googling the infocus number and eventually got one on amazon for a reasonable price. Took me several weeks.