Broke my quartz

Topics about Solus 3d Printer's hardware
steels
Novice
Broke my quartz

Postby steels » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:17 pm

Not a good start to the day... Solus has been working beautifully for the past month or so after switching to the MJ Wax cast resin. The detail and the confidence in each grow has been one less headache to worry about. Last night, one of my employees was waiting on a grow to finish and was pressed for time. The wax that was really needed was completed and he was waiting on some of the taller, less important waxes to complete. Well they decided to pause the grow, pull of what they needed and hit the road. Well, instead of hitting pause, stop, or any other button that would safely stop the process, they accidentally hit play. And you guessed it, down the table went with waxes attached. Get here this morning, they remove the vat and low and behold, a nice crack right down the middle.

My questions are:
Can I print around the crack if a position my waxes accordingly? (until I get a new one)

And how do I go about replacing the quartz? Is that something I can do here? or do I have to send whole machine in and wait forever?

Thanks in advance,
Blake
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Re: Broke my quartz

Postby mongerdesigns » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:23 pm

Are you using cw? The pause won't work on it. If you stop the grow, you can't continue.

With Contour you can pause and resume prints.

I don't recommend using the printer with a cracked Quartz. Need to replace it. You have already contacted me, so I will email you soon with the instructions on how to get a new piece and replace it.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
steels
Novice

Postby steels » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:29 pm

We are using CW. He wasn't planning on continuing, he was just going to scrap the other waxes and start them over due to time constraints on the other one.
Thanks for your help! :)
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:33 am

you'll be able to replace the quartz yourself. BTDT
spunkydeadcat

Postby spunkydeadcat » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:51 pm

can I get a copy of those instructions as well? my Solus shipped with a piece of lint under the quartz and it's starting to work it's way into the build area. :(
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:57 pm

Just take the screws out of the black housing and pull from back to clear the box. You then have access to clean out the inside of printer.
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:06 am

Jewelermdt wrote:Just take the screws out of the black housing and pull from back to clear the box. You then have access to clean out the inside of printer.

Totally agree . Marc
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:43 am

You'll need to loosen the bottom plate first so the back plate can clear the ports and reset switch.

I just emailed you the instructions.