Inexpensive UV Curing Chamber

Topics about Solus 3d Printer's hardware
rkundla
Solus Master
Re: Inexpensive UV Curing Chamber

Postby rkundla » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:42 pm

If the surface is sticky, my guess is you didn't get all the uncured resin off the surface or it has turned into some kind of sludge with the soapy water rinse (assuming that is what you are doing).

Have you tried using a gentle brush on the print to remove the sticky residue?
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:45 am

samatheang Where are you located? Sounds like you might have a problem with the unit. Might contact B9 and ask if there is a way to check if the output of the lights good.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:13 am

rkundla wrote:If the surface is sticky, my guess is you didn't get all the uncured resin off the surface or it has turned into some kind of sludge with the soapy water rinse (assuming that is what you are doing).

Have you tried using a gentle brush on the print to remove the sticky residue?

I have tried both ways. One way is rinse with two jars of Isopropyl Alcohol, one jar is new, one jar is used. Another way is after rinsing with two jars of Isopropyl Alcohol, I put the model with detergent and water in ultrasonic for 3 mins, then rinse with warm water. Both ways doesn't work.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:14 am

Jewelermdt wrote:samatheang Where are you located? Sounds like you might have a problem with the unit. Might contact B9 and ask if there is a way to check if the output of the lights good.

I am from San Jose, CA. I have already contacted B9. Now sending it back for testing.