Broke my Solus :-(

Topics about Solus 3d Printer's hardware
Jewelermdt
Solus Master
Re: Broke my Solus :-(

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:16 am

Looks great. Been on vacation sort of. Weather has not been nice so came back early. Went to work a couple days to get caught up on some custom stuff. Have not had time to put printer back together. Hopefully this weekend.
toddmichael
Novice

Postby toddmichael » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:39 pm

KennyB;

Is this the new Solus Resin we have been hearing about? Looks darker than the Cherry B9 I have been using?

Toddmichael
Toddmichael
Firestorm Cad / Jeweler / Designer
KennyB
Novice

Postby KennyB » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 am

toddmichael wrote:KennyB;

Is this the new Solus Resin we have been hearing about? Looks darker than the Cherry B9 I have been using?

Toddmichael

No, this is straight B9 Cherry. The photo was a from my cell phone, so probably not the best color representation.

I will be out of the shop a few days but hopefully will have an attempt at casting this by midweek.

I'll post the results, good or bad :D
robin
Solus Expert

Postby robin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:29 am

I just broke mine! FML. The print stopped midway and I clicked on stop and then started it again hoping it would continue where it left off. HORRIBLE decision.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:05 am

That's a bummer. I find if the print stops, pause or something, there will be resin cured to the film and the print is trash anyway. I'm surprised if you stop, paused and then pressed print icon again that it would come down and do that. When I broke mine I accidentally hit the fast down button. I wish these buttons/window of the controls where bigger.

Trying to get the resin off the mirror is a PITA. When it looks clean you can see a very slight film on it. Same thing if you get it on the projector lens and window of printer.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:05 am

Hi Robin,

We'll get it sorted out asap.

Please read the "Do Nots" on page 2 of the manual.
robin
Solus Expert

Postby robin » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:05 pm

It seems it's all good. That screw part isn't broken, just weird looking lol. I did mess up the film though. I put some extreme dents in it to the point where it almost got punctured and THAT would have been a mess to clean it up.

BTW, if I do get resin smudges on the window or mirror, how do you clean it completely to remove that layer of junk that gets left over?

Almost forgot.. to go back to the main cause of this issue.. why did the printer stop in the middle of the job? I had no error messages or anything.. it was just sitting there.
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi,

Go into your advanced power option settings and make sure the USB selective suspend is disabled.

You can just wipe the resin off with a soft tissue and IPA. If it ever got on the mirror it's best to use IPA and PEC-PADS.
robin
Solus Expert

Postby robin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:42 am

Thanks Mark.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:36 am

Robin
Do you have your laptop, printer and projector on a battery backup/ surge protector? I have had a couple stop. One time as Mark said my setting reverted back to turn off USB port if no activity. Another time I never figured out why. Computer glitch or something. Be sure to turn off auto update for windows and anti-virus. Both could disrupt computer.