Space Navigator

Archerm
Solus Master
Space Navigator

Postby Archerm » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:54 am

Anyone using a Space navigator with Rhino or RhinoGold. If so what doyou think about it.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Re: Space Navigator

Postby samatheang » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Archerm wrote:Anyone using a Space navigator with Rhino or RhinoGold. If so what doyou think about it.

I bought a Spacemouse Pro to use with Matrix. I can use it, but the problem is I don't use to it. It is because I started with a mouse and a keyboard, so when I added another controller, it makes me slower especially when I use the command line a lot. The thing is you still need your mouse and keyboard even after you have the Space Navigator, so it is not really that useful in term of speed.
SWDesign
Novice

Re: Space Navigator

Postby SWDesign » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:06 pm

I started learning CAD with the navigator and I love it. I'm using a different program and sometimes I would be moving my model at the same time that I hit another command (I'm always moving it as I'm very 3dimensionally oriented) and it would crash the program. It's not so crashy since the latest upgrade, thank goodness. I made a big mistake and ordered the fancy navigator and CAD mouse set, thinking that I could use the buttons on the mouse instead of the keyboard, but the software isn't working with my program. Also the CAD mouse is too big for my hand and I keep miss clicking and failed clicks since my fingers don't reach the optimum position. I also don't like the 3rd button. Unfortunately, I was not able to get any assistance from the company and I won't be buying from them again, even though they have a new wireless mouse which is smaller.
So, I do recommend the plain 3D mouse. It works great. I still use the regular mouse for precision placement.