Contour Keyboard Shortcuts

robin
Solus Expert
Contour Keyboard Shortcuts

Postby robin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a full list detailing the keyboard shortcuts to speed up support placement?

For example, I know that pressing SHIFT can switch between adding/removing supports.

Thanks!
toddpierce

Re: Contour Keyboard Shortcuts

Postby toddpierce » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:57 am

Was the issue solved? Let me know if you were able to find the solution! Thanks in advance!
CADjewelrySchool
Novice

Postby CADjewelrySchool » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:24 am

>>>> Robin I just re-read your post, and I realized it's in regards to "support placement" keyboard shortcuts, but this explains general keyboard shortcuts in SC:

You can lookup all of the keyboard shortcuts in the current BETA release of Solus Contour (1.9.35).
Go to Help > Check for Updates to update to the latest BETA version.

If you can't download 1.9.35, go to: Edit > Preferences > make sure "Update to Beta Versions" is checked.

Then once installed, just go to: Help > Controls ....this will display a list of SC keyboard shortcuts

Also in SC 1.9.35 - all resins profiles display your STL files in the resin colour, which makes it easy to make sure you are using the correct resin profile before printing :-)

Rik
robin
Solus Expert

Postby robin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:13 pm

CADjewelrySchool wrote:>>>> Robin I just re-read your post, and I realized it's in regards to "support placement" keyboard shortcuts, but this explains general keyboard shortcuts in SC:

You can lookup all of the keyboard shortcuts in the current BETA release of Solus Contour (1.9.35).
Go to Help > Check for Updates to update to the latest BETA version.

If you can't download 1.9.35, go to: Edit > Preferences > make sure "Update to Beta Versions" is checked.

Then once installed, just go to: Help > Controls ....this will display a list of SC keyboard shortcuts

Also in SC 1.9.35 - all resins profiles display your STL files in the resin colour, which makes it easy to make sure you are using the correct resin profile before printing :-)

Rik

Thanks for the info, Rik! I just updated to 1.9.35 and sadly, it doesn't seem there are any shortcuts for modifying the size of the tips etc. or anything related to supports, really :(

Now that I think about. All the shortcuts might not be listed. I know that pressing shift toggles between adding/removing supports when the manual supports tab is open but it's not listed so there might be shortcuts made but just not listed. Perhaps Emil could chime in.
Last edited by robin on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robin
Solus Expert

Postby robin » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:20 pm

As of 1.9.35, here's a quick reference of shortcuts currently available:

Keyboard
Home Switch to perspective camera and reset view
Page Up and Page Down Zoom in and out
P slice preview, toggle clipping direction
[ and ] slice preview, go one layer up and down

Mouse
Left click: select models