Matrix help new user

Hallett
Matrix help new user

Postby Hallett » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:39 pm

I am a brand new user.

Could someone who uses Matrix give a quick tutorial on the best way to get a model from Matrix to Solus?

I used the Matrix Mesh Repair in Tools, selected the mesh, exported as an .stl using the binary option and managed to print.

However the exported .stl file chows up as a "Certificate Trust List" file.

I would also be interested in whether you do any support work in Matrix or if you just do it in Contour.
Archerm
Solus Master

Re: Matrix help new user

Postby Archerm » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Are you exporting it as a STL or saving it as a STL? Are you sure you are using the right Extension when saving or exporting? Windows marks the file as a CTL file but it is still a STL file. You can down load NetFab Basic which is free to check your files and export them as a STL from there. It is a good idea to check the file in NetFab which can also repair the file. NetFab Basic is free.
Hallett

Postby Hallett » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:31 pm

I exported as an .stl. I used the file repair tool in Matrix. I saw somewhere in the forum that the Matrix tool is actually NetFab?
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:51 pm

Contour does basic repair to the file whenever you import one in. I would say 95% of cases are automatically repaired and won't impact your prints.

If your model has major issues like self-intersecting surfaces, etc., then Netfabb will not automatically repair it (maybe the pro version will). The solution is to go back into you cad software and fix the model.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:30 am

Which Matrix version are you using. In tools section, your using the mesh repair? I'm using M9. When it's done you will have two objects. One mesh and the original poly surface. Make sure you are just selecting the Mesh, then File, Export Selected. Scroll down to STL and save the file. If you export both objects you will have problems. It will make a double, thus giving you a bad file and print.
Fadic50

Postby Fadic50 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:41 pm

Select object in matrix the choose in file export selected in file type choose stl
The best way to clean the file use magixs
robin
Solus Expert

Postby robin » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:21 am

One word, 3dcoat.