***Totally Stoked!!***

Show off your prints.
toddmichael
Novice
Re: ***Totally Stoked!!***

Postby toddmichael » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Looks good, 2 questions.

1 st. does the base on one end look thinner then the other, and did it peel during printing.

2 nd do you always get the little bit of flashing around the bases attaching to the build plate?

I I like the thinner build spru. Am jealous, your getting great results, when i grow up i wanna be like you.

Keep the pictures coming, inspiring..

Toddmichael
Toddmichael
Firestorm Cad / Jeweler / Designer
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:10 pm

toddmichael wrote:Looks good, 2 questions.

1 st. does the base on one end look thinner then the other, and did it peel during printing.Ha I was wondering if anyone would catch that!! That is called not removing the Shutter fast enough when the print started!!! I just let it print till I could see the pieces. Once I knew they were printing fine I just let it continue to print.

2 nd do you always get the little bit of flashing around the bases attaching to the build plate? The pics of the plates still have resin around the bases . No flashing around the bases except when you don't remove the shutter fast enough before printing!!! I fixed that. I put a long tab on the shutter to remind me!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I I like the thinner build spru. Am jealous, your getting great results, when i grow up i wanna be like you.

Keep the pictures coming, inspiring..

Toddmichael

:mrgreen:
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:20 pm

The first week has been a learning curve for me. I am used to designing for a CNC which is more forgiving than the printer. For example: When I designed a head for a cluster style ring in the past the prongs didn't have to run all the way down to the base of the head. The CNC pieces don't need that type of support. For the printer every piece of a part that doesn't connect to another part somehow or over hangs must have a support or it wont grow correctly. But on a cluster for example that has 41 stones you cannot put a support for every head base. So I have to think a little differently when I design a piece now. I will post up a drawing example later.
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:25 pm

Just a simple sample below. I have found that something this simple can mess up a print.

mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:20 pm

Very nice example, Mark.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
Archerm
Solus Master

A few More from Today!!

Postby Archerm » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:53 pm

I thought I would post up a few more for everyone. Very very smooth surface on these. I did the models and STLs on RhinoGold. There is a huge difference in quality between the lowest quality STL and the High quality setting. I haven't tried the Very High Quality setting on the STL module.

KBS756
Novice

Re: A few More from Today!!

Postby KBS756 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:37 pm

Archerm wrote:I thought I would post up a few more for everyone. Very very smooth surface on these. I did the models and STLs on RhinoGold. There is a huge difference in quality between the lowest quality STL and the High quality setting. I haven't tried the Very High Quality setting on the STL module.

mind sharing how you supported the mill grain beads?
Archerm
Solus Master

Re: A few More from Today!!

Postby Archerm » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:22 am

Actually there is no supports on them at all just a base support and two top supports as in the photo . It is all in the modeling I just made sure the millgrain beads were deep enough in the piece and set the millgrain bead overlap to .10mm, that way they support each other.
KBS756 wrote:
mind sharing how you supported the mill grain beads?
Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:25 am

:mrgreen: Every time I look at these prints I just cannot believe the quality. They come out so smooth and there is very little cleanup after casting!! :mrgreen:

Archerm
Solus Master

Postby Archerm » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:30 am

Well I thought I could out do this printer!! Not. I had a emergency job for Christmas and spent a bunch of time on the cad work for this ring. I even put some engraving on the side of the engagement ring. These pics still had some moisture on them and the pics don't do them justice. Every detail is clean and sharp just like the others. Mark