Show off your prints.
Awesome jobs Kevin. I love how you show your workflow.
Been kinda boring on the custom side lately. ( By that I mean, lots of three stones, halo's etc. LOL ) This one was one of the uncommon requests that came through recently that just got finished up. Combination of some CAD/Zbrush Sculpting. Turned out great and customer loved it. It was quite the "hoot" to make. Sadly the customer didn't order two, or I would've had a better pun for ya.
Got a couple new ones to share. This client wanted a humming bird brooch made based on the sketch attached. Made all the basic shapes in Matrix then took it over into Zbrush and sculpted on it. A lot of fun to do. Sadly, we are on a time crunch with it so I didn't get the chance to snap a picture of the wax, but this was grown in Soluswax. It's still a work in progress so If I get the chance to, I'll snap a final finished photo of it to share.
Here's another cool WIP that's going on. Client wanted a pendent similar to the sketch. Similar process to the hummingbird. Basic shapes made in Matrix and then bring them over to Zbrush for a little extra work. This was grown on the Solus using Soluswax. Goes into casting today. I'll try to post an update after casting.
Eoin Rogan wrote:Lovely designs and prints. Are they 40 micron step prints?
Both of the projects were grown at 30 microns. The Humming bird project almost was too big for the build platform at that setting, but it ended up working out fine.
Below is the casting for the last piece I shared. Came out awesome!
Solus at its Best. Wonderful work By the Way.
Another fun one to close out the year with. Client had a 10ct. Amethyst trillion that she wanted to make into a pendent like the sketch. She already had the necklace with the dragon so I sadly didn't get to make those. Unfortunately this is the only view I was given to work with which was a challenge since I didn't really know what I was going to do underneath the artwork from the top. Couple of routes I could have went in making this, but ultimately I decided doing most of the work for this one in Zbrush. Thought going that route would be less of a pain in the you know what than making this all in matrix with multi rail sweep and all kinds of stuff like that. Before the Zbrush work I decided to lay out some simple t-spines tubes in matrix and establish the basic shape. This also allowed me to evaluate and determine what I could flow off of the artwork from the top to form a basket for the stone. From there, this was transformed in Zbrush to what you see here.
Rest of the pictures and the 3d print. Model grown on the Solus with Solus wax. Goes into casting this week. *Fingers Crossed*
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests