Please introduce yourselves

NevilleWilke
Re: Please introduce yourselves

Postby NevilleWilke » Sun May 01, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi Mark.

I have been in the jewellery industry for the 32 years as a goldsmith and a diamond setter and for past 17 years I have been designing for rapid prototyping.
The machine I have been using is the Projet CPX 3000 and the cost of the models are killing me financially.

I was introduced to the Solus 3D printer by a good friend of mine in Switzerland, Briers Keable.

Regards Neville.
joeyalbano
Novice

Postby joeyalbano » Tue May 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi my name is Joseph and I just ordered my solus a week ago, very excited to start building.
ThijsdeBruijn
Novice

Postby ThijsdeBruijn » Tue May 17, 2016 10:21 am

Hello everybody!

My name is Thijs, I have a background in game-development but I have decided to make the switch to creating jewelry. I'm currently setting up a jewelry brand which will soon be launched called Book of Alchemy. But if you want to see my game-art visit http://www.thijsdebruijn.com, there's also a 3D print on there which you might already be familiar with (Yoshimitsu). I'm thrilled to use the Solus to create high detailed jewelry and will share my results with you guys.
nzfinescale
Novice

Postby nzfinescale » Fri May 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi Everyone

Lawrence Boul in New Zealand here

I've been lurking on the forum for a bit, and finally took delivery of my Solus yesterday (still awaiting resin though :cry: )

A big thanks to Mark for information and sorting my setup bug (who knew you needed to run CW as Administrator for the COM port to work?)

I'm using CAD for scale model parts (see http://www.nzfinescale.com). I've used a range of 3Dprint technologies and contractors over the last couple of years and the Solus looks best on paper and pre-testing (Thanks Jesse).

My use will be direct investment casting, casting via intermediate rubber mold and direct print use depending on the need for material/strength/numbers. Looking forward to posting some results here, which should be interesting as my prints will be more engineering than art.

Any other model makers out there?

L
dcpattni
Novice

Postby dcpattni » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:01 pm

HELLO EVERYONE,

This is Dipen Pattni from Dar-es-salaam,TANZANIA...running jewelry workshop. myself experience abt 23 years (jewelery making, electroplating etc etc)

I'm waiting to rece printer SOON i hope it won't give me such problem which i read in Forum.....i'm not cad designer...currently sending outscore for casting & 3d printing.

I hope this forum will guide me lot if i fail..

Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/R-D-Jewellers- ... 511985701/
sabushka
Novice

Postby sabushka » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:47 am

Hi Everyone
Lawrence Saber from Sabushka Design in Perth, Australia. Bench Jeweller since 1981 ( 5 year apprenticeship), Setter, Hand Engraver,Teacher/Mentor, CAD (Matrix) 6 years. I have just received my Solus and can't wait to start printing. Known as The GOF (Grumpy Old F...)
Matrix 9, Solus, Jeweller, Setter, Engraver and always GRUMPY
Waever
Novice

Postby Waever » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:57 am

Goodday!

Halooo people!
I am from indonesia. After more than 1 year of searching and survey the best affordable dlp printer. I found out about solus about 6 months ago.
Then start my journey of collecting funds to buy solus. And after 6 month from the first time i know about solus l, i finally got mine about a week ago.

Solus is my first dlp type printer.
So after 3 days straight of sleepless night learning and setting up the printer. I finally able to get a success prints.

Thanks God i only have 1 fail print and 1 half success print due to lights out.LOL. after that it's all a success print.
From what i learn. Solus i very easy to use if you follow the instruction. There might be slight difference from the instruction picture with your projector or windows, but take your time to find it.
The solus is easy to set up. My main problem was setting up my computer. After i got the right set up for my computer. And it's all success prints.

Already got 2 success straight prints. Will ipload it soon.

Many thanks Solus3d. It worth every penny!
reify
Site Admin

Postby reify » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 pm

Welcome everybody. Can't wait to see everyone's prints.
KevMan
Novice

Postby KevMan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Hello Everyone,

I grew up in the jewelry industry, so I've been stumbling around the industry for 45 years. I've been a bench jeweler for 30 years and have been in the Cad game since the late 90s. Just bought the Solus at JCK Las Vegas. I'm looking forward to getting started with the Solus. I currently have a B9 printer that I've modified, but the smooth surface finish of the Solus grabbed my attention.

Should be fun hanging out here with all of you.

Kevin
rcdesign
Novice

Postby rcdesign » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:23 am

KevMan wrote:Hello Everyone,

I grew up in the jewelry industry, so I've been stumbling around the industry for 45 years. I've been a bench jeweler for 30 years and have been in the Cad game since the late 90s. Just bought the Solus at JCK Las Vegas. I'm looking forward to getting started with the Solus. I currently have a B9 printer that I've modified, but the smooth surface finish of the Solus grabbed my attention.

Should be fun hanging out here with all of you.

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Welcome to club Solus! I'm glad to see you made the move over. I went the same route. You're going to love this machine.

Robert