asiga resins?

Discuss 3d printing resins
manakawari
Solus Expert
asiga resins?

Postby manakawari » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:14 pm

id like to try asiga high temperature resin but im not sure if I should waste my money on a bottle to test so I was wondering if anyone here has tried their resin and do you know if it can print at the resolution solus can achieve?

id honestly like to buy it for a solution for vulcanized molds but if I need reinstall my projectors filter, then I don't think im going to because id rather not put myself in a position where I need to constantly replace and remove the filter...im currently set up to use solus proto and id like to continue using it but id also like to find a resin that better handles high heat requirements without it being too much of a hassle..anyone have any experience or thoughts on if buying a bottle might be a safe bet?
M-Williams
Solus Master

Re: asiga resins?

Postby M-Williams » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:36 pm

you can Use solus proto for your molds. Hope if someone can step up and correct me if I'm wrong. Through the moderator can help you better. Just shoot him an Email. Thanks, Marc.
Last edited by M-Williams on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:41 pm

manakawari
Solus Expert

Postby manakawari » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:33 pm

yea that resin can tolerate about the same as solus proto( too low of a temp)...im having trouble with vulcanizing of natural rubber because it needs a temp of about 350 degrees..perhaps I can use a low temp rubber but my caster will not use it and insists on using natural rubber so im stuck having to find a better solution for printing and then vulcanizing at 350 degrees...

I contacted asiga and they responded that their resin should work for the solus so long as the the cure wavelength is 405nm...im not sure what the wavelength is for the solus, maybe someone can help?

also, providing the wavelength is appropriate, would you guys guess I can keep the uv filter out or would I need to reinstall it?

and the settings, is there any information I can request that will give me a better general idea as to the desired print/ exposure settings or is the only way to figure them out, a huge amount of experimentation? is there some tool or method you guys are using to figure out the settings on untested resins?

thanks