Solus Wax Resin

Discuss 3d printing resins
smokepl
Novice
Re: Solus Wax Resin

Postby smokepl » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:25 pm

I was wondering if anyone here try to cast SolusWax in platinum? I have cast many different resins including EmeralGreen and SolusCast but with no luck ( I am not the caster, I do casting outside) Any advice i greatly appreciated! Thanks
Chalamba
Novice

Postby Chalamba » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:15 pm

smokepl wrote:I was wondering if anyone here try to cast SolusWax in platinum? I have cast many different resins including EmeralGreen and SolusCast but with no luck ( I am not the caster, I do casting outside) Any advice i greatly appreciated! Thanks

This is very strange, with phosfate based investments ( for palladium and platinum ) you can practically cast any resin, they are like cement.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:30 am

If you outsource your platinum casting, I would recommend TechFourm. http://www.techformcasting.com/ Use their HIP process. No porosity. Just send file, they will take it from there. Very reasonable priced.
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:09 am

Chalamba wrote:
smokepl wrote:I was wondering if anyone here try to cast SolusWax in platinum? I have cast many different resins including EmeralGreen and SolusCast but with no luck ( I am not the caster, I do casting outside) Any advice i greatly appreciated! Thanks

This is very strange, with phosfate based investments ( for palladium and platinum ) you can practically cast any resin, they are like cement.

Maybe the issue is more of contamination of the metal from incomplete resin combustion?
Chalamba
Novice

Postby Chalamba » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:32 am

rkundla wrote:
Chalamba wrote:

This is very strange, with phosphate based investments ( for palladium and platinum ) you can practically cast any resin, they are like cement.

Maybe the issue is more of contamination of the metal from incomplete resin combustion?

That might be the case if you follow traditional burnout, most of these investments are made for “shock” burnout, you can heat the oven to 900C and put the casting form straight into it, at 900C - everything burns, beleive me.
You might have to blow the ashes out.
What i say is, casting problems of high temp metals in phosphate investment is most probably not the resin burnout issue. Look for it somewhere else.
smokepl
Novice

Postby smokepl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:01 pm

Jewelermdt wrote:If you outsource your platinum casting, I would recommend TechFourm. http://www.techformcasting.com/ Use their HIP process. No porosity. Just send file, they will take it from there. Very reasonable priced.

Thank you for recommendation. For myself I will probably try to use them but for my customers (design/print) they need everything for yesterday and they are casting in the closed area of Diamond District in NYC and non of them and there is plenty of casting companies within half a mile don`t cast platinum from resin well, and all of them state that they do cast platinum from resin. They recommendation is to make mold first and then cast. Do you have sample picture of platinum casting from resin? I would like see the others quality. Thank you!
Chalamba
Novice

Postby Chalamba » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:41 pm

What i could just find. It is flowless. Cast from Emerald.
Attachments
BA61FBC3-A4AA-4CC4-AA7A-F89CFF380BFE.jpeg
smokepl
Novice

Postby smokepl » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Chalamba wrote:What i could just find. It is flowless. Cast from Emerald.

Thank you for the picture. Mine is not even close to yours( I don`t have any picture to show). Maybe there is something with their burnout. Other metals looks great from Emerald though.
Devlin
Novice

Postby Devlin » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:23 pm

I am doing my first test prints with Soluswax resin, the instructions say no more than 20 minutes of UV curing, is that with the more powerful units.
I have the B9 Model Cure with spec- Light-energy intensity over 40.0 mW/cm²
or a nail curing set up with much lower light intensity.

Thank you!
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:36 pm

That's fine. The b9 unit is the same unit that we sell, just theirs has a locked down timer.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/