So what is up with SolusWax Pro?

Discuss 3d printing resins
jeweltool
Novice
Re: So what is up with SolusWax Pro?

Postby jeweltool » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Yes.

Emil has done a great job matching this resin to the Solus.
emild
Novice

Postby emild » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:07 pm

what is the difference between this and EasyHD???
wawatobi
Novice

Postby wawatobi » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:57 am

Anybody know how to download the original settings for easycast. I changed them with all the printing problems i was having and can't find the original settings.
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:10 pm

Press the reset button in the resin profile window
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
smokepl
Novice

Postby smokepl » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:04 pm

Can anyone who had experience with new SolusWax Pro and EasyCast HD share their thoughts between does two? How about platinum casting on SolusWax Pro? regular investment works just fine? Thanks!
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Sun May 03, 2020 12:22 am

Does SolusWax Pro have the same restrictions for supports, etc. as mentioned in the "SolusWax Tips and Tricks" pinned thread?

So far I've had good luck with it, using 0.4 standard support tips to anchor my prints to the plate. I did try using the sphere tips with a thicker (0.6) attachment point but had mixed results of prints breaking loose from the supports.

Any other good tips or tricks for the new resin?
mongerdesigns
Solus Guru

Postby mongerdesigns » Sun May 03, 2020 4:22 am

Try not using sphere support for anchoring down the models. Thick support tips will be stronger so stay in the 0.4-0.6 range whenever possible.
Monger Designs a.k.a. Monger
http://www.mongerdesigns.com

Junction3d - Official US Distributor for the SOLUS 3D PRINTER
http://www.junction3d.com

Follow us on Instagram!
https://www.instagram.com/junction3d/
sochin
Novice

Postby sochin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:20 am

rkundla wrote:I am sure we are all 'burnt out' (pun intended) whenever a new castable resin comes along, but does anyone have anything to share about the resin? Experiences while printing, curing or casting? Photos showing off the detail of the prints? Pros or cons against the other castable resins mentioned on this forum?

Hi Ron,
Hope you are well. It has been many years since I have trialled a new resin. I am perfectly used to B9 Cherry now. B9 in their eternal wisdom have shut down the only seller that I know of that sold their B9 resin in Australia. That means that after many years they get no more of my money and I have had to look for a new resin.

Before I totally run out of B9 resin......I purchased the Solus Wax Pro direct from Taiwan as the Australian Solus agent is not carrying it yet and he suggested I do so. I like to support local suppliers if I can. Took a week to get to me so not much slower than domestic post.

First print on an about 3 year old 2nd gen Solus, still with the original bulb, worked perfectly at the default settings. Used .3/.4 normal contact point supports.

Well done Reify....compared to my memories of trouble shooting the Asiga and many other resins on their printers all those years ago.....this was a miracle to me. My first comments on the prints:

- With the B9 Cherry my print time for this build would have been 2 hour 20min, the Solus Wax Pro was 3 hours. Longer print times never bother me as I have other tings to do but thought I would mention.
-The prints are very firm straight out of the printer.
- Detail is easier to spot with the B9 Cherry but that might just be because I am used to it after all these years.

I am going to try and cast soon using Satin Cast as my preferred investment Omega+ was not available at the moment.....like a lot of other things. Fingers crossed but all good so far.

cheers,
Sochin
Last edited by sochin on Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sochin
Novice

Postby sochin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:13 am

sochin wrote:I am going to try and cast soon using Satin Cast as my preferred investment Omega+ was not available at the moment.....like a lot of other things. Fingers crossed but all good so far.

First cast done.

- rinse in IPA and ultrasonic
- no curing at all
- let dry
- invest in Satin Cast and stand for 90 minutes
- 5 hour burnout

Casts like wax. Burnout is less smelly/smokey than the B9. Well done Reify.

cheers,
Sochin
rkundla
Solus Master

Postby rkundla » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Good to hear from you Sochin!

Glad you had a good experience with the SolusWax Pro. I've been using it and other than some support failures as I play with the settings and some non-uniformity of my projector lamp across the whole 80x45 build space, I've had good luck with the resin.

My last casting with SWP feeder sprues on a 2mm full eternity band and a rapid burn out (30 min steam dewax, 30 minute rest then put into kiln programmed starting from room temp to 1450F for 3 hours with 2 hour settle to casting temp) came out perfect! No obvious ash or investment failure for voids, nice clean surface quality.

I am looking forward to more printing and casting success. :-D

Regards,
Ron