Choosing castable resin

Discuss 3d printing resins
rsaldivar
Solus Master
Re: Choosing castable resin

Postby rsaldivar » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:41 pm

I guess in this forum there is a block , I posted the exact same links on another forum and that problem dosent exist ??

I do prefer the green when my souls grows it, but with all the fails and 2 or 3 hour runs retrying to grow without a fail and removing the cured resin from the film then stretching it in the process , that too was time consuming , this on average for me is about an extra day worth with super results in growing and good results in casting

good things sometime takes time , like my patients on waiting for the new resin ( the Blue ) from solus

I find you have to choose your battle , growing or casting , so in this case Iv chosen casting and found a solution for it that takes an extra day

Also , Im going on finishing my second 49.00 1/2 L. bottle of waxcast with the same film and about a 99 % success grow rate and thats why I use it , however I would prefer the green if I can just get it to grow on my solus , I say this because I personally dont or haven yet seen any real damage as far as the toxicity of all this , God willing I wont ever , just see no news about it , enough to turn my head and reconsider how I rapid prototype , but I should use my gloves more
rkundla
Solus Master

Re: Choosing castable resin

Postby rkundla » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Storen wrote:Is it certain that B9 resins contain Trimethylbenzoyl-diphenyl-phosphineoxide (TPO) and this is the reason for the reproductive toxicity warning? Could it be something else? Is it possible that other brands also use TPO in their resins but do not mention that in the SDS?

Resin formulas are like the secret recipe for Coca-cola or the Krabby Patty. ;-) I don't know if B9C will admit it, but if they acknowledged the warning, then it is either TPO or a variant of it with the same characteristics.

If other brands use TPO but do not declare the warning, they are liable for damages that arise from use of their product. :o