SolusCast: Cracks in heavy model

Discuss 3d printing resins
M-Williams
Solus Master
Re: SolusCast: Cracks in heavy model

Postby M-Williams » Mon May 21, 2018 6:03 pm

artcad wrote:Hi Mark what do you mean by conventional fluorescent light,just a simple fluorescent lamp,and the cleaning after printing can I clean it in alcohol?
Do you microwave this 50/50 mixture after cleaning,sorry for all these questions.Berc

We just use 2 nail boxes with a rotary table . usually we overnight the prints. the results are always good. We have tried UV LED for some time and throw out the window. Some people microwave and works well for them.
Yes, we clean with alcohol. Good luck Marc.
artcad
Novice

Postby artcad » Mon May 21, 2018 9:02 pm

Thanks for the info Mark.
eangor
Novice

Postby eangor » Mon May 21, 2018 11:54 pm

Check this out, guys. It is 50:50 mix of Emerald and Q-Cast from qualitymade3d.com.
It was suggested by someone on a Facebook group called "Solus 3D Printer" and "3-D printing and Casting for JEWELRY". Since Epic is very expensive to try and Q-Cast has sample bottle, I decided to give it a try, and the result is as expected. It prints much faster than Emerald alone since it is very easy to peel during printing. It can be casted the same if not better than Emerald too. The print height of this ring is about 28.5mm and took only a little more than 2 hours to print. Not sure if you can see it from the pictures, but it is really smooth. :)
Attachments
IMG_3226.JPG
IMG_3224.JPG
IMG_3221.JPG
IMG_3217.JPG
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Tue May 22, 2018 1:10 am

I would suggest the Ember casting resin, 50 % ratio with the Emerald .it is a good alternative and way cheaper compare to other resins. You can get from
https://www.riogrande.com/product/ember ... sin/701285
dcpattni
Novice

Postby dcpattni » Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 pm

eangor wrote:Check this out, guys. It is 50:50 mix of Emerald and Q-Cast from qualitymade3d.com.
It was suggested by someone on a Facebook group called "Solus 3D Printer" and "3-D printing and Casting for JEWELRY". Since Epic is very expensive to try and Q-Cast has sample bottle, I decided to give it a try, and the result is as expected. It prints much faster than Emerald alone since it is very easy to peel during printing. It can be casted the same if not better than Emerald too. The print height of this ring is about 28.5mm and took only a little more than 2 hours to print. Not sure if you can see it from the pictures, but it is really smooth. :)

hi,
can you plz tell us which resin profile have you used?
if u cast plz share images burnout details, investment etc.
samatheang
Solus Expert

Postby samatheang » Tue May 22, 2018 7:38 pm

M-Williams wrote:I would suggest the Ember casting resin, 50 % ratio with the Emerald .it is a good alternative and way cheaper compare to other resins. You can get from
https://www.riogrande.com/product/ember ... sin/701285

Yep, I understand some resin is cheaper, but the problem is we don't know how it is in term of printing and casting because no one has tested it yet. Like the MJ Waxcast and Emerald mix, which is cheap and can print very smooth, but bad casting. I prefer something that's tested and works well to save time though.
eangor
Novice

Postby eangor » Tue May 22, 2018 7:54 pm

dcpattni wrote:
eangor wrote:Check this out, guys. It is 50:50 mix of Emerald and Q-Cast from qualitymade3d.com.

hi,
can you plz tell us which resin profile have you used?
if u cast plz share images burnout details, investment etc.

Solus Proto profile and for 25XY, 2 seconds Layer exposure time, 8 seconds Initial Layer Exposure, and 3mm Z Lift Distance. The Buffer Time can be 0 if you one less model in one plate.

Will post some pic later. I use UltraVest Maxx and Prestige Optima. Both are working fine.
eangor
Novice

Postby eangor » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:53 pm

Here are some casting result. I casted both pure Emerald and Emerlad:Q-Cast Hybrid in the same flask. They both came out very good. Right side is the hybrid. Left side is the pure Emerald. Can't really see any difference. Even though I forgot to support one of the flower petals, the hybrid still printed fine, but the pure emerald failed as you can see in the picture.
Attachments
IMG_3290.JPG
IMG_3286.JPG
IMG_3285.JPG
IMG_3293.jpg
IMG_3292.jpg
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Same model with two different resin mix. You can virtually see no layer or hatching lines. as smooth as marble. As impressive as the Emerald / Cherry.
Attachments
IMG_0317.JPG
eangor
Novice

Postby eangor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:37 pm

M-Williams wrote:Same model with two different resin mix. You can virtually see no layer or hatching lines. as smooth as marble. As impressive as the Emerald / Cherry.

Are those still Epic and Emerald Hybrid, Mike? Epic is too expensive though.