SolusCast: Cracks in heavy model

Discuss 3d printing resins
M-Williams
Solus Master
Re: SolusCast: Cracks in heavy model

Postby M-Williams » Wed May 16, 2018 12:46 pm

eangor wrote:Where did you get the Epic from please? Thank you.

As an alternative, you can Either use The solucast or the Ember Photosensitive Casting Resin. They both work great with Emerald. 1/2 Ratio.
kostyo
Novice

Postby kostyo » Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 pm

@mark do you also show casting result photos?
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Thu May 17, 2018 8:34 pm

kostyo wrote:@mark do you also show casting result photos?

We have a professional caster in-house. With this formula, the casting comes always good though. as mater of fact, we use mostly cherry resin.
In the past, we have seen the green resin casts excellent, but It prints Just OK, with an addition of some resins, now it prints WELL.
Some other people have experimented with the mixture and got some great results.
Im just giving feedbacks for all the work we do. Nothing is official, and always free. just my two cents. Marc.
rcdesign
Novice

Postby rcdesign » Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 pm

M-Williams wrote:Well. You can use 50% solucast /Emerald as well . I have noticed the prints come nice with minimal support. whereas, with the Emerald, you need to add a bunch of them. that is a real issue and time-consuming process cleaning all the support. Never liked the Emerald, really.

I tested your 50/50 Soluscast/Emerald green method and I was impressed with how baby butt smooth it turned out. Now to cure and cast. Would you suggest lizard light or UV fluorescent?
If this works as I hope it will, it would be a godsend. Thanks!
Attachments
image1.jpg
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Thu May 17, 2018 11:45 pm

We stopped using LED curing. We overnight our prints under a conventional fluorescent lIght. Lizard light is a viable option too.
dcpattni
Novice

Postby dcpattni » Fri May 18, 2018 10:14 am

M-Williams wrote:

As an alternative, you can Either use The solucast or the Ember Photosensitive Casting Resin. They both work great with Emerald. 1/2 Ratio.

HI,

while printing which resin profile to use if 50% SC resin & 50% B9 Emeraled resin?
printcast
Solus Expert

Postby printcast » Fri May 18, 2018 1:23 pm

Impressive,rc
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sat May 19, 2018 2:18 pm

dcpattni wrote:
M-Williams wrote:

HI,

while printing which resin profile to use if 50% SC resin & 50% B9 Emeraled resin?

you can try the Emerald profile. It really would depend on you your projector bulb though.
artcad
Novice

Postby artcad » Sun May 20, 2018 6:48 am

Hi Mark what do you mean by conventional fluorescent light,just a simple fluorescent lamp,and the cleaning after printing can I clean it in alcohol?
Do you microwave this 50/50 mixture after cleaning,sorry for all these questions.Berc
kostyo
Novice

Postby kostyo » Sun May 20, 2018 9:59 am

M-Williams wrote:
kostyo wrote:@mark do you also show casting result photos?

We have a professional caster in-house. With this formula, the casting comes always good though. as mater of fact, we use mostly cherry resin.
In the past, we have seen the green resin casts excellent, but It prints Just OK, with an addition of some resins, now it prints WELL.
Some other people have experimented with the mixture and got some great results.
Im just giving feedbacks for all the work we do. Nothing is official, and always free. just my two cents. Marc.

Thank you for your response
but I did not want the exact recipe to get you a great result in casting
I just wanted to see a photo and compare it to my results or I'd like to experiment with a mix of epic / green