Solus Wax Cure No Cure

Discuss casting techniques
lklutts
Solus Expert
Re: Solus Wax Cure No Cure

Postby lklutts » Fri May 18, 2018 1:11 pm

No investment breakdown, came out great. I think it is the picture that has some crap and shadows. in the tumbler right now, will post pictures this morning.
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat May 19, 2018 3:18 am

waxcast.jpg

This is out of the mag tumbler. The dark ring is 21k The yellow ring cleaned up great. Had to fix a few area on the shank white gold. Have not had a chance to look at other one.
A.Joa1
Novice

Postby A.Joa1 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:28 am

Hey jewelermdt,

thanks for posting your results with pics.

The big ring white gold is indeed a very bad casting.

What i am having difficulty to understand is why the 18k white gold is the one creating problems more often. For me also the 18k yellow gold always comes out perfect but 18k white gold almost always creates problems (only with resin not wax).

If the flask's mold cavity is clean and free from ash why does it matter what metal is entering? Assuming that you use the correct alloys.

Can someone with more knowledge please help explain this?
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:09 am

so Len ,
what was your procedure for the non cured one , what did you do after you removed from the build plate , and how much longer from that point till you purded the investment in the crucible ??
Jewelermdt
Solus Master

Postby Jewelermdt » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:24 am

My last two white gold castings came out pretty good. Difference was I watched how hot I got my metal before pouring. Don't over heat. I use torch to melt and vacuum cast.
M-Williams
Solus Master

Postby M-Williams » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:56 am

Jewelermdt wrote:My last two white gold castings came out pretty good. Difference was I watched how hot I got my metal before pouring. Don't over heat. I use torch to melt and vacuum cast.

Torch is really hit and miss. If you want a constant professional result than get this. https://www.riogrande.com/product/rio-1 ... ace/704072
Messerbr
Solus Expert

Postby Messerbr » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:46 pm

M-Williams wrote:
Jewelermdt wrote:My last two white gold castings came out pretty good. Difference was I watched how hot I got my metal before pouring. Don't over heat. I use torch to melt and vacuum cast.

Torch is really hit and miss. If you want a constant professional result than get this. https://www.riogrande.com/product/rio-1 ... ace/704072

What temperature do you usually have the metal at when casting 14kw?