Casting SolusCast

Discuss casting techniques
printcast
Solus Expert
Re: Casting SolusCast

Postby printcast » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:11 am

I maybe used $2.00 worth SolusCast. It's a real bargain if SolusCast is working for you. Just for right now I have to order what is working for me, to fill orders. What is working for my cost $200 with shipping so that's all I'm asking.
KennyB
Novice

Postby KennyB » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:12 am

rsaldivar wrote:I have found that heating the blue at 120 f cures well , but I do this after having cured it for 2 hours , I also was getting the cracks , but it seemed to stop when I cure right after growing and less than 150 f for the anneal

another thing Iv been doing is , I use a tea maker Tupperware like container and put the rings in where the leaves are supp. to go and add acetone, about 1/4 of the container ( I saw these containers on the proto products web sight ) and shake about 8 times and then blow with compresses air and I find all the resin disappears , like in the Tex , no more wet looking areas caught in the A for example , I do this as fast as poss. because I don't want to leave them in any longer than necessary

http://protoproducts.com/Catalog.php#!/ ... y=14185011

Thanks for the advice, rsaldivar. I will try another print tomorrow and vacuum cure at 120F to see if that works. I'm excited to get this dialed in because the print quality is so much better than the emerald resin.
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:48 am

? dont know how you Vacume cure , but try UV first for an hour before you add heat
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:48 am

ok Ill buy it
drewbacca
Novice

Postby drewbacca » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:08 am

Just got myself a bottle of the blue goo the other day. Haven't cast anything yet but the prints are really impressive. I'll try and post results when I can
printcast
Solus Expert

Postby printcast » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:06 am

$200 is a good deal. It's $298 worth of SolusCast, or 2/3 the regular price.

jljr99@gmail.com is paypal. Do a friends and family transfer so there are no transaction fees. Leave your mailing address or message me with it. I'll ship it no charge.
kostyo
Novice

Postby kostyo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 pm

thank you @printcast

I'm testing EPIC M and I also have a bad surface after casting like SC

I totally same errors on the casting surface .... first I thought of my rings :-)

I also think it's a chemical reaction of resin for investment.

it means that my resin is also badly cured.

or do you think it can be thermal expansion of resin?

I use as plasticast as you and the burnout plan is the same.
rsaldivar
Solus Master

Postby rsaldivar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:36 pm

printcast , thats too bad you didnt have the patients and time to wait for the results , but as I had said I would , your money has been sent , I guess thats why your quick to judge
Storen
Novice

Postby Storen » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:32 am

rsaldivar wrote:printcast , thats too bad you didnt have the patients and time to wait for the results , but as I had said I would , your money has been sent , I guess thats why your quick to judge

rsaldivar, no offense, but I think these type of communication should go with private messages. He is not happy with the product and has another working solution. I think he has every right to return it or sell it. Frankly I don't understand all the drama. I am writing this because I am afraid this type of attacks may scare other testers to post their reviews.
printcast
Solus Expert

Postby printcast » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:55 pm

It's not that I'm being quick to judge it's that I have had a 100% failure rate with SolusCast and 97% success with Emerald, at this current time. I'm nearly out of Emerald and need a resin that I can cast successfully. How patient will my customers be if I tell them to hold on while I try to make this new resin work? They will not be very understanding for very long.

When there is a process for SolusCast that works I will jump on board. If I'm doing the testing and trying to figure out how to make it work I shouldn't have to pay for it.

rsaldivar if it's casting perfect for you. Please show us pics of it in the wax tree, successful tree cast, and your process. Then we can all do the same thing and get the same results that you are getting. I'll jump right back on board with my next resin purchase.
Thinking about it, nobody is showing pics of SolusCast in the wax tree and the successful tree cast or has posted a successful process for that cast.

No hard feeling towards anyone or Solus. I just need to have successful cast, that has to be completely understandable.

Thank you rsaldivar for purchasing that resin. It's working for you, it's a good purchase. Can you message me your shipping address?